Cancelling reservations....refunds

Adistar

Mouseketeer
So I cancelled one reservation because we changed our travel dates etc. Did this back at the very end of July. Still no refund of our deposit over 5 weeks later. Is this normal wait time? I called like 2 weeks ago and they said sometimes it takes til the end of the billing cycle so I waited til the end of the month and still nothing.

So people who cancelled and paid with a visa card how long did it take to get your deposit back? I want to apply the old deposit towards the balance of the new reservation !

Thanks

I think most credit card refunds take up to 10 business days to show on the credit card's website (or over the phone, if you call). My deposit was refunded back onto my Mastercard in about a week (including weekend days) from the date my TA told me Disney had cancelled it. I've heard of shorter and longer times than it took for my refund, but 5 weeks seems pretty long.

So I cancelled one reservation because we changed our travel dates etc. Did this back at the very end of July. Still no refund of our deposit over 5 weeks later. Is this normal wait time? I called like 2 weeks ago and they said sometimes it takes til the end of the billing cycle so I waited til the end of the month and still nothing.

So people who cancelled and paid with a visa card how long did it take to get your deposit back? I want to apply the old deposit towards the balance of the new reservation !

Thanks

Call, find out when Disney refunded you. Then call your CC and ASK when you can expect it. Usually it is the cc company that has the delay...often if you are mid cycle you will not see it till the Next month :eek: By calling you'll at least know. Good Luck....thats a LONG time to wait...isn't is amazing how fast they "take" our $$ :rotfl2:

When I called to cancel a room ressie (TA and I accidentally double booked during the most recent discount code release), the refund to my CC was posted within c. 24 hours. I was using a Disney Visa card though, so that may have had something to do with how quickly it showed up.

My DLR reservation was refunded back to my card within a couple of days. Definitely call!

When I called to cancel a room ressie (TA and I accidentally double booked during the most recent discount code release), the refund to my CC was posted within c. 24 hours. I was using a Disney Visa card though, so that may have had something to do with how quickly it showed up.

Nope, because I had to cancel one that I paid with AMEX and it was also credited back within 24 hours. Maybe it makes a difference if it's a package or a room only reservation? I've heard that debit cards also take longer.

Have you checked to make sure that they didn't transfer the money from your cancelled reservation to your new one?

Have you checked to make sure that they didn't transfer the money from your cancelled reservation to your new one?

That is exactly what I was going to ask :) 5 weeks would be longer than I have ever seen a billing cycle last.

When Disney had to refund me money they also asked if I wanted it credited to my room, meaning I could charge that amount to the room when I was there. I would definately call and see if they just applied it over to the new ressie, or even kept it as some sort of credit on file.

Hope it all gets sorted out for you !

I would call your cc company, tell them when you canceled and dispute the charge. They will take it from there.

I would call your cc company, tell them when you canceled and dispute the charge. They will take it from there.

I think that's a bit drastic as there are still steps the OP could take.

OP, have you contacted the CC company to see if Disney has sent the request? I would also contact Disney, ask for billing, and see when the request was sent according to them. Also make sure that it wasn't for some reason simply credited to your other reservation.

Was the old reservation a package? Is the new reservation a package? If so, it's likely that Disney simply applied the deposit to the new reservation. Same if both were room-only reservations.

It's only if the reservation goes from package to room only or vice versa that they cannot transfer the deposit.

Was the old reservation a package? Is the new reservation a package? If so, it's likely that Disney simply applied the deposit to the new reservation. Same if both were room-only reservations.

It's only if the reservation goes from package to room only or vice versa that they cannot transfer the deposit.

No the old ressie was a room only and the new one is a package. I checked my invoice and they didn't apply it to my balance. Back on the phone I go =/

When I cancelled our May trip, the refund showed on my CC within 48 hours. You should all you credit card company and see when they expect to post it.

I think that's a bit drastic as there are still steps the OP could take.

OP, have you contacted the CC company to see if Disney has sent the request? I would also contact Disney, ask for billing, and see when the request was sent according to them. Also make sure that it wasn't for some reason simply credited to your other reservation.

Actually I don't think it is drastic at all. 5 weeks means that either your credit was applied to your new reservation or it fell through the cracks. Most CC companies have a limit as to how long you have to dispute a charge...beyond that time limit and you are out of luck.

I take CCs at my business and if someone wants a refund there is no "request" that i send to the CC company. ALL credits are handled through my terminal the same as all sales. It is STRICTLY on Disney's shoulders at this point.

Actually I don't think it is drastic at all. 5 weeks means that either your credit was applied to your new reservation or it fell through the cracks. Most CC companies have a limit as to how long you have to dispute a charge...beyond that time limit and you are out of luck.

I take CCs at my business and if someone wants a refund there is no "request" that i send to the CC company. ALL credits are handled through my terminal the same as all sales. It is STRICTLY on Disney's shoulders at this point.

The CC company or bank can hold a refund for however long they want. I have had it happen to me, it has happened to customers I have worked with, and it has happened to countless people I know. Disney could send in the credit that same day, but the bank can hold it as long as they care to (which is why it can take a couple days, a couple weeks, or a whole billing period).

So yes, it could be an issue on the CC company or banks end of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter