Cancelling & rebooking on CheapTickets will I lose FP?

nicole0992

DIS Veteran
i have a quick question regarding Cheaptickets resort reservation. We decided to check out a day earlier and I called Cheaptickets and was informed they cannot make resort reservation changes. I need to cancel and rebook with the new dates. My question is that I am 36 days out and my FP are all booked. Will I lose what I have booked and have to try to rebook when I make the new reservation? I was able to get everything we wanted and would hate to have to scramble to redo our itinerary. My only other option is to keep our reservation as is and just check out a day early and lose the $$ for the last night.

Hope this makes sense and that someone understands my dilemma. Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't know if this will work for your situation, but I have had to cancel a room only reservation with Disney and book through Orbitz in the past. I was worried about losing my fastpasses and ADRs. What I did was book the reservation first through Orbitz and loaded it into MDE. Once it was there I immediately cancelled the existing Disney reservation. I didn't loose anything because I now had an existing reservation (Orbitz) in the system when I cancelled (the Disney one). I will add that I had tickets loaded into MDE already (AP holder). Not sure how it would work with a package.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to wait until I am under 30 days and rebook, wait until loaded into the system and then cancel my original reservation. Hopefully, that will work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter