Cancelling excursions

marlinrj

Earning My Ears
For time disney cruiser here. I can book my excursions tonight. If something were to happen or we change our mind about an excursion, is it possible to cancel? Are there any penalties or fees involved?

For time disney cruiser here. I can book my excursions tonight. If something were to happen or we change our mind about an excursion, is it possible to cancel? Are there any penalties or fees involved?
If you cancel the excursion at least 3 days prior to the start of the cruise, there is no penalty. After that time you will be charged for the excursion. However, if, once onboard, you wish to cancel you can go to the Port Adventures desk and tell them you want to cancel. If there's a wait list for that excursion, and DCL can "resell" your spot, then you will not be charged. If there's no wait list, you will be charged.

I canceled at last five days before my cruise, but the ticket for the excursion was in my cabin when I arrived. It wasn't super expensive and it turned out to be a good time with my friend so it wasn't an issue. But if it is really important to cancel,maybe print the cancellation confirmation just in case.

When do we pay for excursions? When we book or after the cruise?
It will be charged to your onboard account. Generally at the beginning of the cruise, but I've been on some cruises where there were charged on the day of the excursion.

If you cancel the excursion at least 3 days prior to the start of the cruise, there is no penalty. After that time you will be charged for the excursion. However, if, once onboard, you wish to cancel you can go to the Port Adventures desk and tell them you want to cancel. If there's a wait list for that excursion, and DCL can "resell" your spot, then you will not be charged. If there's no wait list, you will be charged.

Also, once onboard you may change to a different excursion (I don't know if it has to be for the same port, though). If the new excursion costs more, the difference gets charged to your onboard account. If the new excursion costs less, you do not get a refund credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter