Cancellation Policy

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by JerseyBob, Jul 5, 2003.

1. JerseyBob

JerseyBob Earning My Ears

Can someon explain how the cancellation policy works? Thanks.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. dianeschlicht

dianeschlicht <font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon

For a regular DVC ressie, or for an exchange? How close to your arrival date? All these will make a difference.

4. Tagrel

Tagrel DIS Veteran/DVC Member

From the member handbook:

5. PamOKW

PamOKW <font color=green>The two most important items for

If you're a member you also have to keep in mind how a cancellation effects your ability to bank the points and/or use them for a non-DVC trip. If you are late into your Use Year when you cancel your options may be limited.

Also, when you cancel a non-DVC trip, the policies can vary by resort/trip. These points are now "reservation" points and can no longer be used at DVC resorts but only for the non-DVC options.

If you are renting points from a member, you should come to an agreement ahead of time about how a cancellation will be handled. As described above, the member may not have much flexibility if you cancel late in his/her Use Year or less than 31 days out.

6. JerseyBob

JerseyBob Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the replies. I think that now I'm starting to understand why the use year would be better near the time you normally vacation.