Canceling Passenger - Quick question

siki00

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

We are cruising in May. We have 4 cabins booked. I reserved all the cabins, however my sister paid for the 3 her family are using. My nieces boyfriend decided not to go with us. I believe that if we cancel by Monday we'll get 50% back.

Anyway, who has to call to cancel his reservation? Can my sister or I do it? Or does one of the passengers occupying that actual cabin have to do it?

Thanks!
Michelle

If you booked them and you have the reservation number, you call. This is not a cancellation. You are removing one person from whatever stateroom he was in - unless he was the only person in the stateroom. (You should know that if you are removing him from a stateroom that had two passengers registered, and that would leave the stateroom with only one passenger registered, that stateroom is now subject to the single supplement.)

You should know that if you are removing him from a stateroom that had two passengers registered, and that would leave the stateroom with only one passenger registered, that stateroom is now subject to the single supplement.)

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this statement.

It means if there is only one person registered in a stateroom, the price goes up. Way up.

I finally got a chance to call Disney. If we cancel by this Monday, we will get 50% refund for that guest. I also found out that since we purchased trip insurance if that guest wants to they also have the option of applying 100% of the cruise towards another cruise in the future.

They didn't say anything about the price going up.

How many people are in the stateroom with him?

Disney charges an additional fee if there is only one person in the stateroom, which means that if it was just him and one other person, there is now only going to be one person in that room and it will be an additional fee. If there will still be at least 2 people in the room, there won't be that additional fee.

Either way when you call to change the reservation, I would ask for specifics about money! :)

A single person in a cabin pays a lot more than 1/2 of what 2 people pay.

For instance, if each person is paying $1000, the total for the cabin is $2000. If one person occupies the cabin alone, the fare for that one person will be about $1750--a lot more than the $1000.

As long as you are leaving at least 2 people in the cabin, the rate won't go up.

That's strange. When I called the girl I spoke with didn't say anything about the price going up if there was only one person in the cabin. She actually told me what we would be getting back. She also told me that if my niece can find someone else to go we would only have to pay a $50 change fee.

I guess I'll call back.

I called back and you were all correct about the price going up. I don't understand why the other girl didn't tell me that. That annoys me. Anyway, the lady I spoke with this tiime appologized for them not giving me the correct info the first time I called.

Thanks for posting the correction. I was sure they had given you wrong info, but didn't figure I'd burst your bubble.

If there is a friend that you would like to invite along, the $50 name change fee is a lot better than the minimal amount you'll get back for canceling... maybe I should come.:rotfl: No, wait....I've been threatened if I ever again cruise without DD.:confused3

Thanks for posting the correction. If there is a friend that you would like to invite along, the $50 name change fee is a lot better than the minimal amount you'll get back for canceling... maybe I should come.:rotfl: No, wait....I've been threatened if I ever again cruise without DD.:confused3

LOL! I'm glad I posted on here or I wouldn't have known about the price increase.

Thanks everyone!!:thumbsup2

I am a newbie at all this but could you transfer a person from another stateroom ( if they have more than 2 in there)? You would get $50 fee but then you would get back 50% - the $50 fee.

Is there anyone else who would be able to sail in his place and then you would only pay a change fee?

Is there anyone else who would be able to sail in his place and then you would only pay a change fee?

We are working on that, but no luck so far. It's too short notice for most people. They can't get off work. Today is a month from our trip.

A single person in a cabin pays a lot more than 1/2 of what 2 people pay.

For instance, if each person is paying $1000, the total for the cabin is $2000. If one person occupies the cabin alone, the fare for that one person will be about $1750--a lot more than the $1000.

As long as you are leaving at least 2 people in the cabin, the rate won't go up.

Just the question I thought about: If I get 50 % back and have still to pay 50 % for the canceling passenger what would I have to pay:

$ 1000 for the still traveling passenger, $ 500 for the canceling passenger and an additional $ 750 for the "single" cabin (altogether $ 2250 - more than the original $ 2000)? Or only $ 250 for the "single cabin" (altogether $1750)?

$ 1000 for the still traveling passenger, $ 500 for the canceling passenger and an additional $ 750 for the "single" cabin (altogether $ 2250 - more than the original $ 2000)? Or only $ 250 for the "single cabin" (altogether $1750)?

The rate would go up for the single passenger. So, you do get 50% back, but then you end up paying a higher fare for the single passenger.

In our case we were able to move my niece into another cabin. So, we ended up getting the 50% refund on her original cabin and then only had to pay the fare for a 3rd passenger in a cabin, which ended up being cheaper.

It's confussing. I had to call and have them explain it to me. I would suggest calling them. They were very helpful.

Just the question I thought about: If I get 50 % back and have still to pay 50 % for the canceling passenger what would I have to pay:

If you cancelled the whole cabin, you'd get back 50% of the total cruise fare. When you change from double occupancy to single occupancy - there's really no penalty per se, but the remaining solo traveler would pay the same single fare (probably 175%) as if it were booked that way originally. In that case, DCL would refund ~ $250. However, if you are less than 2 weeks from the sailing date and in the 100% penalty phase, the only refund from DCL would be the second person's government taxes.

**To clarify using your example above: if the double occupancy fare is $1000 pp and one person cancels when the penalty is 50%, theoretically DCL could refund that person $500 (50%) and charge the now-solo traveler an extra $250 for a total of $1,750 (175% of the $1000 double occ. fare). Instead they will deem the solo traveler's fare to be $1,750 and refund someone (whoever paid, I suppose) $250 plus the second person's taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter