Canceling a day booked with PIN Code

Small Town Princess

Mouseketeer
We received a PIN code in Sept. for 50% off a minimum 3 night stay Sun-Thurs, 9/20-12/24. I went ahead and booked 4 nights but now need to cancel one because of flight availability. I am being told that since the booking date for the PIN code promo has passed, if I make any changes to the reservation I will be charged rack rates. I could understand if I was wanting to add on the the reservation, but I am still staying the required amount of time and just want to drop the Thursday night off. Does this sound right?

If they won't let you do it now, I'd just cancel the last day when you are there (assuming it's the last day of your stay). I've never been penalized when doing that at a resort/hotel.

Unfortunately, that's the way they do it at Universal. The system will cancel your reservation and rebook the number of nights you want. If that rate is not available when you rebook, they won't let you rebook. You are supposed to cancel within 5 days for a refund at the Universal hotels. Don't be surprised if you are penalized if you try to cancel later than that. In the past, people have had the most success by contacting the hotel manager directly and having them intervene. It is something that needs to circumvent the computers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter