Cancelation Fee for Room-Only Ressie?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by lemonpan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. lemonpan

lemonpan Mouseketeer

Hi Folks!
    I searched for this in the sticky messages but I didn't see it. I believe there is a cancellation fee for packages. Does anyone know if there is one for room-only reservations?

Earlier today, I tried calling WDW but was on hold for 20 minutes and had to hang up. (shakes fist at work!)

Thank you!

Edit: Ack! I really do know how to spell "cancellation."

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. julieanddanny

julieanddanny Mouseketeer

I dont believe there is unless you are less than 5 days out - then it's the 1 night deposit. (I could be wrong)

4. TaraPA

TaraPA Can't live without a ticker!!!!

Up to 5 days prior to check-in, no fee for cancelling. Within the 5 days, you forfeit the deposit of 1 night.

5. lemonpan

lemonpan Mouseketeer

Great! I will confirm with the resort, of course. But this is really helpful!

6. owl0306

owl0306 Mouseketeer

no penalty for room only more than 5 days out and if you can reschedule and you are within the 5 days there is still no penalty and they will take any money you gave them and put it towards the new room

7. lemonpan

lemonpan Mouseketeer

I just booked my nights! Now I just have to cross my fingers that the conference my husband plans to attend goes through. We find out next Friday. But since there is no fee canceling a room-only ressie, I thought I'd book today. The rate was GREAT and I didn't want to miss it.

Am I excited? YES! (crossing everything that the conference is a go!)

8. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

This is straight from my room-only reservation confirmation for my trip next week

"In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date. To cancel or modify an existing reservation, call (407) 939-7429"

ETA: And here, on the Disney website:
    http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/ibc/DisneyWorldIBC/IBC/popups/popup_cro_terms.html

9. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

Yes a refund back you will lose it but I have canceled the night before and rescheduled for the following week and my deposit was put towards that stay but if I wanted to cancel and get my money back I would have lost the money.

10. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

We just changed ours to room only as well and like others have said if you cancel less than 5 days out you lose the money but if you reschedule they put it towards your new reservation. I was glad to hear that because now I don't see a reason to need trip insurance since we are driving and buying our APs upon arrival.

11. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

When I called to reschedule I was told just make sure you call by 3 pm of your check in date and they can put your money/ deposit towards a new stay. Love that