Canadians Go Wild at AKL! An Aug 2011 PTR - **TR Complete - Feb 12th**

I am here!:thumbsup2 Just lurking along!:rotfl: looking forward to more!popcorn::

Kelly

Thanks for posting! I was hoping someone was out there lol

cute suits!! No need to buy Disney lanyards--yours look like Disney ones (maybe not the hockey one...)

You can find the plastic things at an office supply store--don't know which you have. Staples, Office Max, Office Depot are the ones in my area of the states.

I have to go back and read previous posts...I am a bit behind, but read the latest update.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the comment! We have a Staples in my town, so I will definitely look there for the plastic card holders. Thank you for the suggestion, I didn't even think about looking there!

Hello Fellow Canadian! Enjoying your PTR and looking forward to reading more. Your wedding pics are beautiful.

And hello to you fellow Canadian! lol Thanks for reading and I am glad you liked the wedding pictures!

So the weather here is atrocious today, and I have the day off, so I think I'm going to post a couple of pictures. I might do this as a daily or weekly thing until we leave. We have less than 2 months until our trip, so we are getting super close now!!!

In less than 2 months, we will be seeing this
DSC03458.jpg

So the weather here is atrocious today, and I have the day off, so I think I'm going to post a couple of pictures. I might do this as a daily or weekly thing until we leave. We have less than 2 months until our trip, so we are getting super close now!!!

In less than 2 months, we will be seeing this
DSC03458.jpg

:banana::banana:I can't wait to see that!!:banana::banana:

So I have a couple of small updates!

Thanks to a great suggestion from disneydreamingdebby, I found the plastic card holders at Staples for our lanyards! I made little name tags with Disney stickers for each one. So that is one more thing crossed off my list!

I also started packing today!! :cool1: I didn't do much 'real' packing, but I put in my bathing suit, bag for the parks, travel kleenex, our lanyards, just little things that I won't need until the trip. But I feel like we are getting so much closer!!

And finally, I will post a POTD for today… hmm… which one lol A trip to WDW wouldn't be a trip to WDW without a ride on the monorail!
DSC03537.jpg

Oh I wish I was close enough to my trip to begin packing! I would love to jump in the car right now and drive down.

Oh I wish I was close enough to my trip to begin packing! I would love to jump in the car right now and drive down.

I would SO love to drive down right now. Even though it takes 2 days to get there, I don't care lol I would leave right this minute if I could :rotfl: It is really funny because I told my mom that I had started packing, and she told me that my grandmother started packing that very same day! I guess she is excited to go too!

So things have been crazy busy around here lately! I haven't hardly been on. I would like to say

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends

and

Happy Independence Day (I think that's what the 4th of July is called lol) to my American friends!

Yes, both of these are a little late, but better late than never, right?

I hope to get a couple of proper updates posted in the next couple of days. I have been working, getting things ready for the trip, there has been lots of family time, and Matt has had a ton of baseball lately (including a tournament where he won MVP!).

See y'all real soon!

Hello Krysten! I just started reading along but I had to say, that is so COOL that you had a Disney wedding. :love: I'm gonna read all of this PTR and then read all about your wedding. :goodvibes

Have fun at AKL, I'd like to stay there one day. From what I've heard on the DIS, there's a lot of fun activities there!

Hello Krysten! I just started reading along but I had to say, that is so COOL that you had a Disney wedding. :love: I'm gonna read all of this PTR and then read all about your wedding. :goodvibes

Have fun at AKL, I'd like to stay there one day. From what I've heard on the DIS, there's a lot of fun activities there!

Thanks for coming by! Our wedding really was better than anything I could have hoped for! I am really excited about AKL, it looks so beautiful and relaxing!

So it is finally time for an update!

I didn't have a big list of things to buy for this trip (unlike my last trip!). But one of the things on my list was new rechargeable batteries for my camera. I have had my camera for probably five years now, and I'm planning on buying a new one at some point, but it is just not high on my list of priorities right now. The batteries that originally came with the camera won't hold a charge anymore and if I use disposable batteries, I can take a couple of pictures, and then they are toast! So I have looked at a couple of places, and didn't find anything worth buying. My DH and I were at a local outlet mall yesterday because he needed some shoes, and they had a Sony store, so I went in, just to see if they had anything (my camera is a Sony). I ended up buying these

batteries.jpg

I got 4 batteries, with the charger, and a charger for the car, all for $39.99 CDN, which was half off the regular price! I was quite happy lol

In other news, my countdown says 1 month and 3 days until my trip!!:goodvibes Work has been stressing me out lately, and I am in desperate need of a vacation, so I can hardly wait!!

And here is a random picture for the day
DSC03502.jpg

This is one of my favourite pictures from our last trip. It is my little brother with Minnie at the Illuminations Grand Gathering Dinner - which I highly recommend!!

The batteries are one that I also forget to charge before I go somewhere. Way to be prepared! :thumbsup2

The batteries are one that I also forget to charge before I go somewhere. Way to be prepared! :thumbsup2

lol Thanks! I always plan on taking more pictures than I could possibly need, so batteries are pretty important lol We are staying at a new (to us) resort this trip so I have no pictures of it yet! And I love photos, and I scrapbook, so they will come in handy!

Love your PTR so far:goodvibes

I went back and skimmed through your wedding report, your wedding was truly beautiful! Your gown looks amazing (as did you).

Really hope you do a TR for this trip!

Love your PTR so far:goodvibes

I went back and skimmed through your wedding report, your wedding was truly beautiful! Your gown looks amazing (as did you).

Really hope you do a TR for this trip!

Welcome! And thanks for checking out my reports!! Your words are very kind :goodvibes I definitely plan on doing a TR for this trip, so stay tuned!

Just a quick update to say

LESS THAN 1 MONTH TO GO!!!

:goodvibes

We also did some shopping yesterday for the trip, so as soon as I take and upload pictures, I will post an update with our awesome finds!

So we did some more (yes more!) shopping last night, and I think we should be done now lol

Last night, we went to the states to the outlet mall, and to the UnderArmor store. We love UnderArmor, and it is so much cheaper at the outlet mall than any stores right where we live, so that is where we usually go. So here are a couple of pictures of what I got.

DSC04233-1.jpg

DSC04234.jpg

And here are the pictures of a couple of things we bought last week.

We all got matching t-shirts that we are going to wear on our travel day. We don't usually do the matching thing but we thought we would test it out haha And the shirts were cheap and really cute, so how could we resist?
DSC04235-1.jpg

DSC04236.jpg

And we also all got matching pj's (we almost always get new pj's for trips, not sure why, just something we do) and we all loved the same pair, so… lol here they are
DSC04237-1.jpg

The shirts.
DSC04238-1.jpg

Detail on the bottom of the pants.
DSC04239.jpg

Now that we have everything we're buying, the trip feels even closer! Less than a month to go!

I'm always up for shopping pics! Great UnderArmour T!

I can relate to the "new jammies" for a trip. I haven't gotten mine yet for this trip...hmmm better get on that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter