Canadian Trip Report on the Canadian Board

canadaman

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I didn't want to do a big fancy trip report like on the trip report board so I am going to do a smaller condensed one right here.

We got back from our disney trip back on July 27th, and I am just feeling like I can share our trip now. It was so wonderful it felt so depressing to start doing this.

The cast of this trip

Me-The super planer who spent time almost everyday for 7 months working on this trip. 2nd trip to disney.

My fiance- The go with the flow no need to plan type of person. 1st trip to disney.

DS10- 2nd trip to disney. Went once before when he was 7

DS8- 2nd trip to disney. Went before when he was 5

DD6- 1st ever trip to disney

A little backround

Me and my boys went in the summer of 2008 before their mother left us at xmas time of 2009. I met my fiance in the summer of 2010 and we eventually started talking disney. I really wanted her daughter to go to disney. I believe all kids should get to go at least once. We started doing some research and ended up booking a trip at POR from July 19th-July 27th. We surprised the kids xmas morning with a letter in the xmas tree. The letter explained the trip and told them it was just 205 days away....

The time actually went pretty fast. Our lives were so busy that it just flew along. Time may have went fast but I never missed a day checking these boards looking for any info I didn't have about any topic.

Details/Itenerary

We had 8 nights at POR in a standard room
5 day park tickets/ with water parks and more
QSDP
Flights on Jetblue from Buffalo-Orlando

NEXT------1 day to Disney!!!!!!:goodvibes

Checking in... love to hear a fellow Canadians TR. How is Jet Blue? We always fly out of Detroit on Delta, I never see Jet Blue there.

Checking in... love to hear a fellow Canadians TR. How is Jet Blue? We always fly out of Detroit on Delta, I never see Jet Blue there.

We loved Jetblue!! This was only my second ever flight so I can't compare it to a lot. We got round trip direct flights for $99/person each way! We loved the tv's in the seats and had plenty of legroom, and seat width. We will always try to fly with Jetblue in the future.:thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing more! We always fly out of Detroit too, never thought to look at flights out of Buffalo!

After 204 days it was finally the day before we go to disney. Our flights left July 19th at 7am so we drove down to Buffalo on the 18th to make things a litte easier.

Buffalo was about a 3 hour drive for us so we wanted to leave home by about 11am or so to get mid afternoon border traffic.

DisneyWorld2011001-1.jpg

The kids all packed up and ready to hit the road!!!!!

We had got notorized letters for the border crossing but slid right through without being asked. They never asked on the way home either for that matter.

We had a room booked at the Holiday Inn right by the airport. It was pretty nice, I would stay there again. We spent a few hours swimming in the nice outdoor pool before going to Dennys next door for supper. Dennys is so cheap compared to anything you can get here. It tasted pretty good too! After this DS8 and I decided to walk to the airport and check things out. He was so excited to fly. It was going to be the first time for all three of them.

DisneyWorld2011008-1.jpg

We took this picture while on our walk.

Sine we had to be up at 3am soon the task of getting 3 excited kids to bed by 7 or 8pm began. It didn't go to bad since we had woke them up at 6am that day so they would be tired at night.

DisneyWorld2011010-1.jpg

Very excited, but need to get to sleep!!!!

Tomorrow was going to be a big day for everybody!!!

NEXT----Flying from Buffalo, arriving at Disney, and Chef Mickeys!!

I'm joining in reading this thread! We love Disney (kids had their 1st trip last November) and am looking forward to reading about your experience!

Great intro :goodvibes Love your kids pics :thumbsup2

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report :thumbsup2

Joining in as well! I'm thinking of taking the kids alone this winter which would mean we can fly. DH won't step on a plane. I'll keep Buffalo in mind.

I took them to Boston this summer while DH stayed home to work and we just included permission to travel letter with the passports - didn't even wait to see if we were asked.

Well I last left off with going to bed the night before our 7am flight. I had set the alarm for 3am. I pretty much knew an alarm wouldn't be needed. For as long as I can remember the night before something exciting happens I can't sleep. I have no trouble going to sleep, but end up waking up real early with no chance at going back to sleep. I just kind of shake if off by saying "if I am not excited I may as well not go" This day was no different. I was up by 12:30am. Couldn't go back to sleep, and didn't want to wake anyone up so I just laid there until 3am.

Everyone got up good and were very excited to get to the airport. First time in an airport for the 3 kids. We didn't use the hotel shuttle and just drove ourselves to the airport. We were there soon after 4am. Security at that time was a breeze. We loved the buffalo airport, it was like a big bus stop. It was so clean and well organized. I will try to fly out of Buffalo whenever possible.

Finally we boarded our flight

DisneyWorld2011015-1.jpg

The kids standing by the plane we would be on

DisneyWorld2011017.jpg

DD6 all ready for takeoff

DisneyWorld2011016-1.jpg

DS10 and DS8 ready to roll

The kids were nervous right before takeoff but once we got in the air they loved it!!!

DisneyWorld2011018.jpg

A view of the ocean out our window

DisneyWorld2011020.jpg

A really neat picture of the florida coastline as we near Orlando.

The Orlando airport was a little bit of a maze to get around but it didnt' take us to long to find the Magical Express desk. While waiting for our bus there was a CM in a motorized wheel chair who was so nice, the kids just loved him. He had a mickey hand mounted on his wheel chair and was giving the kids "high four" The kids thought it was cool. My fiance was impressed with the disney magic already.

The magical express ride was fun, but did seem to take a while. Finally we had arrived at our home for the next 8 magical nights.
DisneyWorld2011027-1.jpg

Check in was very smooth. We had done online check in before we left and everything was ready when we got there. We arrived at about noon and our room was ready with the building we requested. Alligator Bayou 16.

We loved the resort, it was beautiful!! here are a few pics we took right after we got there and pics of our room.

DisneyWorld2011028.jpg

DisneyWorld2011031.jpg

DisneyWorld2011036-1.jpg

DisneyWorld2011034.jpg

DisneyWorld2011033.jpg

DisneyWorld2011038.jpg

DisneyWorld2011039.jpg

We picked up our groceries that we had ordered from garden grocer. We were very happy with there service. We found we really didn't need the stuff we had ordered. The QSDP fed us very well. lol

We swam at the resort for a while that afternoon, before going back to the room and getting ready for our dinner at Chef Mickeys.

Next I will share our experience at Chef Mickeys...

enjoying your trip report so far!
we are staying at POR next month..so it is nice to pics :)

when you did online check-in-did you do your requests at that time? what kinds of things can you request at online check in?

enjoying your trip report so far!
we are staying at POR next month..so it is nice to pics :)

when you did online check-in-did you do your requests at that time? what kinds of things can you request at online check in?

I called and did our requests a few months before we arrived. On online check in there were very few options to request. I know you could request a trundle bed. I can't remember any more. I think there were three requests that could be made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter