Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

So I did it! I had already purchased a full package with tickets a while ago and made all of my dining reservations and fast pass selections so I was REALLY hesitant about cancelling my tickets to purchase the Canadian discounted tickets in case I lost everything. I figured the savings was too good to pass up so I called yesterday and purchased the tickets, linked them in MDE with an agent on the phone (I was given the voucher code) and then contacted my agent to remove my old tickets. It worked! All in all I think I saved close to $500 for our family of 4. :)

My question is about the vouchers. I know we have to exchange our vouchers for tickets once we get there and show our passports however we get in fairly late on a Sunday and the next morning we have breakfast reservations at AK an hour before park opening. Will there be someone at guest services at that time to help us?

I'm really hoping that we might be able to exchange them at our resort but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Yes the guest services will be open, and at that time I would not expect many people. This is a great way to do it

Does anyone know if ticket prices generally increase in the new year? I booked RO reservation for May 1-7, 2017 and want to hold off buying the tickets as long as possible, but would book now if prices will be going up before the Canadian discount ends. THANKS

DisfanDad,
Yes, and I suppose if I DIDN'T buy my tickets at CAA, my chances of changing them out for tickets within a Free Dining package would be less.
We are traveling in January (2018), and from what I read, free dining isn't offered much during Jan/Feb. Am I correct?

@Sprockie I've had free dining in both January & February. Mind you, it was 2010 & 12 before it was replaced with SPD. When the US economy was at its worst & our $ was 0.10 cents in our favour.

Will they offer it again in 17 or 18? allot depends on if they need to fill rooms. With our $$ & the British £ in chaos... who knows.

Last edited:

I'm in exactly the same boat!! Late arrival and early breakfast reservations. Please let me know how it works out for you! We are not going until February but I sure would like to save money and get the discounted tickets.

I will definitely let you know!

DisfanDad,
Yes, and I suppose if I DIDN'T buy my tickets at CAA, my chances of changing them out for tickets within a Free Dining package would be less.
We are traveling in January (2018), and from what I read, free dining isn't offered much during Jan/Feb. Am I correct?

You are correct of late. Though stay play and dine has been offered the last few years I believe. Which is kids get dining free and adults pay kid prices (I think thats the promo). That being said, a 25% ticket discount and a room discount would rival or beat that I am fairly certain.

I read through the full thread and haven't come to a conculsion yet...are there blackout dates for Canadian residents? I didn't see them anywhere and then up they popped and it had blackout dates (and of course that's when we travel next summer).

I read through the full thread and haven't come to a conculsion yet...are there blackout dates for Canadian residents? I didn't see them anywhere and then up they popped and it had blackout dates (and of course that's when we travel next summer).

Make sure you selected the Canadian Ticket Deal as I'm quite sure there are no black out dates for the Canadian discount.

Make sure you selected the Canadian Ticket Deal as I'm quite sure there are no black out dates for the Canadian discount.
THanks someone above posted they had a pop up with some black out dates and I have seen that as well. BUt today I'm not seeing it. Just on hold with WDW to confirm now

It is very confusing when you look at the details but i've highlighted a section of it to show you what they really mean to say!

Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 17, 2017, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates: July 1, 2016 to July 4, 2016; December 15, 2016 to December 31; 2016; January 1, 2017 to January 2, 2017; April 8, 2017 to April 21, 2017; June 5, 2017 to August 10, 2017.

All of the silly blackout dates, as well as the expiration date, only apply to the tickets sold to Florida Residents.

And it also clearly states our tickets do NOT expire so you're good to go!

The best part? You can use these discounted tickets at any time during 2016, 2017 and beyond—they won’t expire!

I've also highlighted a section of that statement .... that seems to make it a tad bit clearer.

Just wanted to make sure... these tickets do not expire? For some reason, I thought I saw an expiry of Dec 2018 somewhere??

Just wanted to make sure... these tickets do not expire? For some reason, I thought I saw an expiry of Dec 2018 somewhere??
I copied the answer to that question directly from the Disney Website just above here. The tickets for Disney WORLD do NOT expire but the ones for LAND do have an expiration date (not sure what that is though)

I copied the answer to that question directly from the Disney Website just above here. The tickets for Disney WORLD do NOT expire but the ones for LAND do have an expiration date (not sure what that is though)
Yup, Disneyworld! Thanks so much!!! :) That saves me a little time on prioritizing the tickets I guess. (have 2 sets of tickets attached to my profile)

That's what I'm going to do.☺ My sister lives in London and was told the same thing as you were told.

Nancy, I bought mine today at a CAA in Toronto. The CAA rep knew the exact price of a 10 day hopper without even looking at the screen. :rotfl:

I asked him specifically about your Niagara office and the information you were geting. I said, "you wouldn't have different policies, right?". And he replied that they absolutely could have a different policy because they are not attached to South-Central Ontario or whatever this CAA region is here.

Obviously I would still check as I was surprised by the response, even if it's bang on. Seems strange when you're hearing from many areas of the province - Kingston, London and Toronto so far, and Quebec and the Maritimes and that Niagara would choose something different. :faint:

Regardless now you have options if that is their policy!:goodvibes

For the curious --

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they will actually mail out a voucher?

I called Disney (3 weeks ago), bought our tickets and they are linked to our magic bands.

We leave in 17 days so I'm wondering if something will come in the mail or will guest services just scan our magic bands when we show up with our passports?

If one's tickets are not linking, try once or twice and call in.

I have three tickets. I got one to link. Could not get the others to link. Phoned in and I was told - after way over an hour between trying and calling -that Disney had locked my account for 24 hours because I tried so many times. WT H! And that no one could unlock it for me.

Insert swear word. :rotfl:

And like a good Canadian I kept saying "oh" for zero when checking my ticket numbers. And then I had to explain I knew it was a zero when corrected, we just say that here.:drinking1

I love Disney IT.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they will actually mail out a voucher?

I called Disney (3 weeks ago), bought our tickets and they are linked to our magic bands.

We leave in 17 days so I'm wondering if something will come in the mail or will guest services just scan our magic bands when we show up with our passports?

Did they send you an email with the purchase ie. you linked them? If so, Guest Services would simply scan.Meaning the choice from them was an email or mailing out the plastic voucher.

Last edited:
Did they send you an email with the purchase ie. you linked them? If so, Guest Services would simply scan.Meaning the choice from them was an email or mailing out the plastic voucher.

I got the email saying I bought tickets and when I log into MDE they are all there (had to make sure of this before I cancelled our original tickets so we didn't lose our fastpasses ). I just wasn't sure if that would be it or if they mailed out vouchers we also have to show with our passports.

A little confusing but the savings are definitely worth it!

I got the email saying I bought tickets and when I log into MDE they are all there (had to make sure of this before I cancelled our original tickets so we didn't lose our fastpasses ). I just wasn't sure if that would be it or if they mailed out vouchers we also have to show with our passports.

A little confusing but the savings are definitely worth it!

I think you're all ready to go then! :goodvibes Have a wonderful vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter