Canadian Buffoon's Disney With a Teen Vacation - 08/13 - The Wrap

Wow, all of a sudden I come on here and I've missed 5 pages and an upcoming trip to Maui!! So awesome!! And I'm both excited for you and very jealous. Have always wanted to go to Hawaii, once I even had a trip planned but had to cancel. Hope to get there one day. Until then...I will live vicariously.

For me, Brussels Sprouts and Disney are inexorably linked.
This just astonished me! What a interesting connection. Brussel Sprouts are okay but I don't go out of my way to eat or make them.
go down to the basement to eat our Sunday meal there.
So remembering doing this too! Sunday meal was on the big braided rug in the "finished off" room in basement(Painted cement walls and paneling). I remembered Disney but also black & white movies like Shirley temple, Blondie and Ma &Pa Kettle.
My cat. My loyal, loving cat...
He was so loyal that he purposely got you caught, causing the end to your sprout nightmare. I'd hate to see what it would have looked like under couch if you keep that up a few more years
"You know." She said. "The VIP bus package really is a must."
A must is right! I'm calling lack of information to guess bus times, didn't calculate that VIP option in
But Kay seemed to enjoy it, so I was happy we stopped.
And what is the trip about...second visit for you in a year and a happy teen!
Not one of you told me that Sunshine Tree Terrace and Aloha Isle swapped spots!
I should deduct 100 points from everyone!!
Everyone! Hey, If I had a clue 10 years ago that they would have changed it before your trip, I'd tell you!
You want one right now, don't you?
Heck yeah! I'd sure like to TRY one! This is on my list of treats to eat next time. I asked hubby and we agreed that we think back then it wasn't open the time of year we went Oct/Nov. Your picture looks yummy!
We were passing by HM when we decided to pop into Momento Mori
How fun!
But afterwards she said she was disappointed because
from her front seat, she could see the rails
and always knew where the turns, etc. were.
I think that's why I never missed doing this when we had small kids. The first time I rode it on honeymoon it happed to me, just didn't thrill me to want to go back
So, about two years ago?
500 points for that!
No more string bikinis for you, huh? Sticking with clamshells, right?
Right.
Right, clamshells will hold a little better. One of the funnier stories from Hawaii was when we went out on an outrigger canoe (is that the right name?) Me in bikini facing the Hawaiian guy paddling. Lets say it was a bumpy ride on the waves and we're lucky there was no wardrobe malfunction or injuries involved:eek:

Her goes the guessing:
Monorail :12 min.
Ride : Test track
Snack: Cronut of course & Karamel Kuche
Dinner : I'm saying Teppan Edo again
Character: Mulan

Wow, all of a sudden I come on here and I've missed 5 pages and an upcoming trip to Maui!!

This TR waits for no man.

Or woman, apparently.

So awesome!! And I'm both excited for you and very jealous. Have always wanted to go to Hawaii, once I even had a trip planned but had to cancel. Hope to get there one day. Until then...I will live vicariously.

I bask in the warm glow of your jealousy.

Ahhhhhhh.......

Keep trying, you'll get there!
For now, if you like, you can read my first ever TR.
It's all about our last trip to Hawaii.

Just a silly little TR - Run away!

Unfortunately (if you do decide to read it),
you'll have to hunt for the chapters
since all the links got broken when we moved to the new DIS.

This just astonished me! What a interesting connection. Brussel Sprouts are okay but I don't go out of my way to eat or make them.

Okay?? Okay???????
I can think of so many things to compare how "okay" they are...
but nothing that won't get me banned from the DIS.

So remembering doing this too! Sunday meal was on the big braided rug in the "finished off" room in basement(Painted cement walls and paneling).

We could be twins! :goodvibes.
I don't think there was a rug down there because we'd sometimes have flooding.
(nothing serious, but wet)

I remembered Disney but also black & white movies like Shirley temple, Blondie and Ma &Pa Kettle.

Never saw any of those. Don't think we got them.
Then again, didn't watch much TV back then. Was usually out playing.
Something our current generation of kids does not know how to do.

He was so loyal that he purposely got you caught, causing the end to your sprout nightmare.

Ah. Possible. Possible....

Nah.

He was probably thinking "Drat! Foiled again!"

I'd hate to see what it would have looked like under couch if you keep that up a few more years

I picture a certain scene from Gremlins...
Or Alien...

Take your pick.

A must is right! I'm calling lack of information to guess bus times, didn't calculate that VIP option in

Well that would've just given it away.

And what is the trip about...second visit for you in a year and a happy teen!

::yes::

Everyone! Hey, If I had a clue 10 years ago that they would have changed it before your trip, I'd tell you!

Okay. You get a pass.

Heck yeah! I'd sure like to TRY one!

Do! Only a bit over 9 months to go!

This is on my list of treats to eat next time. I asked hubby and we agreed that we think back then it wasn't open the time of year we went Oct/Nov.

Or you could've missed it. It was really easy to do.

Your picture looks yummy!

Tasted yummy, too!

Uh... the drink, not the picture.

I think that's why I never missed doing this when we had small kids. The first time I rode it on honeymoon it happed to me, just didn't thrill me to want to go back

Huh. That's so weird. I've never sat up front, so never knew.

500 points for that!

:laughing: I win! Now I get to keep the prize!

Right, clamshells will hold a little better.

Excuse me. I need to go take a quick cold shower.
BRB...

Didn't help.

One of the funnier stories from Hawaii was when we went out on an outrigger canoe (is that the right name?)

::yes::

Me in bikini facing the Hawaiian guy paddling. Lets say it was a bumpy ride on the waves and we're lucky there was no wardrobe malfunction or injuries involved:eek:

I would say that it was distinctly un-lucky for the paddler.

Her goes the guessing:
Monorail :12 min.
Ride : Test track
Snack: Cronut of course & Karamel Kuche
Dinner : I'm saying Teppan Edo again
Character: Mulan

Noted.

YAY! I got a cartoon reply. Thanks I always wanted one of those. And yes that's exactly what it looked like.

How am I supposed to improve my guessing abilities? Should I study more? I guess I could wait and answer last so I can copy the best answers. Are we allowed to have 4 guesses for snacks? If we are I want to add cronut and that Karamel thing from Germany.

Weird, I just assumed you already had one, or two or three.. Yes ask Santa for one.

So you're the reason planes don't come crashing out of the sky???? That's pretty awesome! :goodvibes Is it really stressful? Now I know how you can keep up with 50 different conversation all at once and still know what everyone is talking about. I was wondering how that was possible.

He not only listens to 50 conversations at once but he also keeps up on the DIS while keeping the skies safe. He's Sjperman!

When they realize you're just a regular guy and not some creepy dude at the back of the class secretly snapping pictures of them.

Admit it, you love my idea and can't wait to try it. For once it's not even something that can get you arrested. Speaking of which...

I was at Target a few days ago and I was looking for the BB8 bobble head for a Secret Santa gift. I found Chewy and Kylo Ren and put them in my cart since there was no BB8. A guy on the other side of the display reached behind it and pulled out BB8, the only one in the store. Someone must have secretly hidden it. He just held it up in the air and stared at it. Before I had a chance to scream out "THAT'S NOT THE DROID YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!" he put it in his cart. A lady next to us asked him a question about one of the other toys and he walked away from his cart. I had a few seconds to carry out my evil plan. If I abandoned my cart then quickly grabbed BB8 and ran to the check out, he probably wouldn't catch me before I could get back to my car. If I got caught I was planning on crying my way out of it. It isn't really stealing if he hasn't bought it yet right??? :darth:

I didn't do it though. I sadly left without BB8. Luckily he was magically back in stock again on Amazon for retail price. And after all that I'm not even using it as a Secret Santa gift. I'm keeping it.

"That's not the Droid you're looking for" :rotfl:Love it!

He not only listens to 50 conversations at once but he also keeps up on the DIS while keeping the skies safe. He's Sjperman!

That's me! Sjperman! Able to stumble over his own feet while getting out of bed in several bounds!

"That's not the Droid you're looking for" :rotfl:Love it!

:lmao:

Nice ticker!!! I thought I had missed an important announcement.

Thanks!

Well, I'm happy to help if you need any ideas. We spent about a week on Maui a couple of years ago and tried to explore every nook and cranny of the island!

Sure! Anything would help at this point.
I did buy a .... hmmm... I think it was a Fodor's Maui that I've started going through.
Tried to book a condo yesterday but the guy said no.
Looks like it's a pretty popular spot and the only reason there was availability is because someone canceled a three week block.
Anyway, he didn't want to rent it out for only 3 nights when he has a block of 5 available.
Back to the drawing board.

Just a heads up kiddies.
Next update should be up by Sunday.
So if you don't have your guesses in,
you've got just a few days to do it.

That's me! Sjperman! Able to stumble over his own feet while getting out of bed in several bounds!

Look what happens when I post on a tablet in the dark with no glasses on - a new SUPERHERO IS BORN!!!! upload_2015-12-17_21-42-6.png

Thanks!

Sure! Anything would help at this point.
I did buy a .... hmmm... I think it was a Fodor's Maui that I've started going through.
Tried to book a condo yesterday but the guy said no.
Looks like it's a pretty popular spot and the only reason there was availability is because someone canceled a three week block.
Anyway, he didn't want to rent it out for only 3 nights when he has a block of 5 available.
Back to the drawing board.

Well, there's always the hammock on the beach option..... upload_2015-12-17_21-43-29.png

Guess better.

Oh that's what I've been doing wrong... Got it.

This strategy works to keep you at the same pace as others.
However "everyone" is frequently wrong too.

I'll just have to find a better way to cheat then.

I took up guitar after being "forced" to take piano by my parents.
(How terrible of them! :sad2:)

Yeah, how horrible of them to want you to learn something. I was forced to take things I didn't want and now I'm doing that to my son.:rotfl:

After much wheedling and whining
(I'm good at that, as I'm sure you knew)
they got me a guitar and let me take lessons.

See, I knew you had a guitar!!!

Much to my dismay, playing the guitar involves something
I obviously lacked.

Talent.

How long did you take lessons?

Oh and a willingness to actually practice, too.

That would help a little.

:laughing: No. Not really. I stopped doing that years ago.
Now I play a much smaller role.

You supervise the people keeping the planes in the sky?

It's not. I just fake it really well.

THIS IS ALL FAKE????? :scared1:

Truthfully, I am very much aware of my impact as a male in that class
and I'm probably just as uncomfortable as some of the women
with my discomfort at making them uncomfortable.

Wait... let me go back and read that to see if it made sense...

Close enough.

Makes sense. That was nice of you to care about how they felt.

OMG! You're such a bad girl!
You were gonna snag it right out of his cart!?!? :lmao:

I REALLY wanted to but he seemed like a nice guy so I just couldn't steal his toy. The call to the dark side wasn't strong enough unfortunately.

Wait... You're not talking about the (almost) $200 one are you?

Haa haa!! No the $8.99 plastic bobble head.

If so, I want you as my Secret Santa.

Well of course if I was buying it for YOU I would get the $200 one. Obviously!

On second thought. Considering you kept it... nevermind.

I kept it and also managed to get the gift I did use back (we could steal gifts we liked instead of opening new ones). That way I'm sure not to get one of the dud gifts.

So congrats on the Hawaii trip! and also.. NO FAIR!!!! I have signatures turned off so I can't see the countdown.

I'm baaaaccckkk! did you mis me? come on ya know ya did (ok may be just a little) ok so things have been busy for all of us like they usually are this time of year. we have a new addition to our home in the form of a sweet little calico kitty. she showed up around Halloween in the back yard. Lance was not too keen on having pets again so as you might figure out it took a while but after a few days of feeding her scraps out side because you know he thought it was too soon after we said goodbye to Stanley the wonder dog last spring. but since he didnt' want a pet again so soon, he came home with cat food for Molly because she was just so darn skinny. she now has run of the house and has decided to keep us.
and in an effort to keep up with our own little "tradition" got a text from lance on my last day of work before winter break when I got the text. finished passing out the final for the math teacher, read the text. yep off to urgent care with lance, he smacked his foot on a chest we have at the end of the bed. had it there for oh around 20 years now. broke his baby toe completely across the bone. so he gets a spiffy new space shoe for the next 4-6 weeks. his whole side of his foot is a wonderful shade of purple and blue. wouldn't be the holidays without a trip to urgent care....*thud*
so now that I have bored you all to tears I will submit my guesses and suck ups
ponzie love your pics again and will try the dole whip float (have had the regular dole whip but not the float) and maybe a twist on things instead of rum (also not a fan of run) will try vanilla vodka sometime
thinking 7 minutes for your monorail
going to go with tappan edo (because you know my dining guesses have been so brilliant)
ok thinking snacks here
cronut
crepe
funnel cake
macaroon
test track for the ride
I think you see alladin
I think it is awesome we all get to enjoy this wonderful trip report written by the best trip report writer on the dis. (too much) for now I am going to snuggle and watch clark griswald black out all of the Chicago area...after I tuck in old twinkle toes that is

Well, there's always the hammock on the beach option.....

Nope! Ruby's idea of roughing it is only having one hot tub in the room.

Oh that's what I've been doing wrong... Got it.

Glad I could help.

I'll just have to find a better way to cheat then.

I encourage cheating and eye gouging.

Yeah, how horrible of them to want you to learn something.

Evil, evil people.

I was forced to take things I didn't want and now I'm doing that to my son.:rotfl:

:laughing: We tried that with Kay.

Didn't work.
She will so make a great lawyer some day.

See, I knew you had a guitar!!!

Operative word there being "had".

How long did you take lessons?

Not long. Hmmm... two? three? years.

That would help a little.

Not in my case. No amount of practicing was going to help.

You supervise the people keeping the planes in the sky?

Nope. Used to do some supervising, but after staffing cuts,
I found myself back in the rank and file.
I mostly provide customer support,
ensure flights are correctly filed,
fix ones that get broken, and look for missing aircraft.

THIS IS ALL FAKE????? :scared1:

Ummm..... Shhh.... Don't tell anyone!

I REALLY wanted to but he seemed like a nice guy so I just couldn't steal his toy.

Never steal a man's toys.
Not unless you want him to cry.

The call to the dark side wasn't strong enough unfortunately.

Shouldn't that be "fortunately"?

Well of course if I was buying it for YOU I would get the $200 one. Obviously!

Of course you would. I have no doubt.

I kept it and also managed to get the gift I did use back (we could steal gifts we liked instead of opening new ones). That way I'm sure not to get one of the dud gifts.

Ah. The spirit of giving.... "Mine! Mine! It's mine!"

So congrats on the Hawaii trip!

Thanks!

and also.. NO FAIR!!!! I have signatures turned off so I can't see the countdown.

Just a smidge under two months now.

I'm baaaaccckkk!

It's Betsey!!! Hi Betsey! :wave:

did you mis me?

You bet!

come on ya know ya did

I already said I did!

(ok may be just a little)

A lot.

ok so things have been busy for all of us like they usually are this time of year.

:sad2: Tell me about it!

we have a new addition to our home in the form of a sweet little calico kitty. she showed up around Halloween in the back yard. Lance was not too keen on having pets again so as you might figure out it took a while but after a few days of feeding her scraps out side because you know he thought it was too soon after we said goodbye to Stanley the wonder dog last spring. but since he didnt' want a pet again so soon, he came home with cat food for Molly because she was just so darn skinny. she now has run of the house and has decided to keep us.

Awww... new furball for Christmas.
Lance is just a big ol' softy, isn't he.

and in an effort to keep up with our own little "tradition" got a text from lance on my last day of work before winter break when I got the text. finished passing out the final for the math teacher, read the text. yep off to urgent care with lance, he smacked his foot on a chest we have at the end of the bed.

Of course he did.

had it there for oh around 20 years now.

Wait. Wait.

But he still blamed you for putting it there, right?

broke his baby toe completely across the bone.

Ouch!!! :eek:

so he gets a spiffy new space shoe for the next 4-6 weeks.

oooohhhh.... fancy.

his whole side of his foot is a wonderful shade of purple and blue.

Too bad it's not red and green.

More Christmassy.

wouldn't be the holidays without a trip to urgent care....*thud*

:sad2:

so now that I have bored you all to tears I will submit my guesses and suck ups

Not bored at all. Thanks for sharing!

ponzie love your pics again

:goodvibes Thanks!

and will try the dole whip float (have had the regular dole whip but not the float) and maybe a twist on things instead of rum (also not a fan of run) will try vanilla vodka sometime

Is there a place for that?
Or are you sneaking some in?

thinking 7 minutes for your monorail
going to go with tappan edo (because you know my dining guesses have been so brilliant)
ok thinking snacks here
cronut
crepe
funnel cake
macaroon
test track for the ride
I think you see alladin

Noted.

I think it is awesome we all get to enjoy this wonderful trip report written by the best trip report writer on the dis.

Oh.... you.

Of course when you're right, you're right.

:rolleyes1

(too much)

Not enough.

for now I am going to snuggle and watch clark griswald black out all of the Chicago area...after I tuck in old twinkle toes that is

"twinkle toes" :lmao:

And I've yet to watch it. I watch it every year before Christmas and it just doesn't feel like it yet.
Well, I've got baking to do still. Maybe I'll have it on then.
That should do it.

Kickin' it Old School

Before we continue with our little adventure,
some light housekeeping is required.

A few of you noticed the shiny knew ticker
I put up a few days ago.
And, why yes, as a matter of fact,
we are going to Maui in just under two months.

Those who know me a bit,
know that there's only one way to get a trip.
At least for me.
Here's the key: Don't plan one.

Ruby had mentioned that she'd like to get away.
"Huh." Said I, said I.
Ruby's more of a nester,
so that took me by a bit of surprise.
"Okay. When?"
It turns out she's busy all of January and February.
Oh, and March, April and May, too.
She has a lull in June and July and the first half of August.
September's out.
Another lull in October and November
And then it ramps up again in December.

She wants to go on a trip with the DDs, though.
But that's getting tough since they're both in school
and Elle works most of the summer.

So we agreed to go to New York City in August!
Cool!
(Or hot... whatever.)

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago.
I'm sitting at work not doing much when a co-worker pipes up.
"Hey, do you have any vacation plans coming up?
Flying anywhere soon that you haven't paid for yet?"

"Uh, no." I brilliantly riposte.

His DW works for WestJet.
WestJet apparently has a promotion out.
40% off flights for friends and family.
Conditions are:
1. Must book on the website using the code provided.
2. Must book by December 8.
3. Must travel by March 4.

Okay. For a second, I did selfishly think:
"Solo trip to the World in February again!!"
But...

So I go home and ask Ruby if there's any way at all
she could take a weekend off.
"Why?" She asks.
So I tell her.
"Well for that kind of a deal,
I'm sure I could take a weekend."

We batted around a few suggestions
and we decided I'd look into the Caribbean.
I looked around and found a few promising destinations.
I told Ruby what I'd found.

"You know what I'd really like." She says.
"Is to go to Hawaii."

I was stunned. I hadn't considered that.
"Well, I can certainly look at that." I replied.

I did. And it didn't look good.
"Can you take a couple of days off?" I ask.
"We could leave on Thursday and come back Monday."

"For this. I'll just tell them I'm going."
She matter-of-factly states.

All right!

"And I want to bring the kids."

Oh.

The children were coming and would each need a bed,
While visions of dollar signs danced in my head.

So this is where it stands right now.

We fly out on Wednesday February 17.
We leave around 4:30pm so she can go right after work.
We arrive Vancouver and spend the night.
Next day Maui, arriving around 2pm.
We then have that evening, all of Friday,
Saturday and Sunday.
We leave Sunday night at 11:30pm.
A quick stop in Vancouver
and home mid-afternoon on Monday.

Quick? Geez, yes!
But better than not going at all I think.

And that's all I got.
I've been trying to find a place to stay,
and that ain't easy!
Prices are all over the map from expensive to
Good-Lord-that's-crazy! expensive.
(Think anywhere from $300/night to $4,000/night... and up!)

I did find a nice looking rental condo
that was fairly reasonable.
But it turned out the guy didn't want to book 3 nights
when he had space for 5 nights.
(Didn't want two stray days to try and fill.)
So right now it's still in the unknown stage.

And that's all I've got about that.

Onward and upwards!
Let's get back to the current TR, shall we?

Oh. One last thing.
@TruLovesKiss asked for a warning.

Rachel? Bib required.

--------------------------------------------------------------

We were just walking up to the Monorail at MK
when the doors closed.
Dang! Just missed it!
I couldn't understand how this could happen.
I mean, we had the VIP bus package.
Didn't it apply to all Disney transportation?

Well, of course it does.
We arrived at the platform at 2:24pm.
Just in time to miss our ride.
The next monorail arrived promptly at 2:25pm.

I can only assume that Disney noticed
the most convenient Monorail was fairly full,
so they got it out of the way for us.
So we could have seats, naturally.

Seems logical.

We hopped on the Monorail and were at the TTC at 2:34pm.
And again... We just missed the connecting Monorail!
We watched it pull away as we disembarked.

Five minutes later, at 2:39 another one pulled up.
Five minutes! Five!!
Disney will be receiving a very sternly worded letter.
Let me assure you! :snooty:

Shortly afterwards, we arrived at Epcot.
At this time of day,
there weren't many people at bag check
and we were soon inside the park.

Since I had allowed at least an hour for transportation...

Sorry. I know.
Ridiculous.

Anyway, we had a little bit of time to kill before our ADR.

"Can we go on that again?" She asked.
I looked and it looked like it was a walk-on, so...
Why not?

We approached the Standby entrance to SE,
which was empty.
There were about 20 people in line
to get their bands scanned at the FP entrance.
We passed them all.
It's fairly rare to walk past people waiting to ride...
in the Standby line.
Don't worry, I held my nose up high.

Soon we were once again riding amongst Egyptians,
Phoenicians, my Dad, the Renaissance,
Apollo 11 and Apple.

centurion_zpszlbhgf1h.jpg

Hi Dad!

After the ride,
we decided to leisurely make our way over towards our ADR.

DSC09669_zpspzovval6.jpg

Kay's feet were starting to bother her,
so I told her we could take the boat again.

What?
Well, of course there was one waiting for us.
Sheesh! Did you really think there wouldn't be?

As we walked towards the boat,
Kay spotted something in the water.

P1020976_zpshe9dexsz.jpg

Crush? Is that you?
I thought you'd be.... bigger.

:rolleyes1

Nevertheless, Kay was pretty excited to see this little feller.

We boarded the waiting boat and set out for Morocco.

We had plenty of time and Kay's feet were hurting,
so once we landed,
we slowly walked in the direction of our ADR.

"Can we sit down somewhere for a while?" Kay asked.
"Sure." I said. "I know a quiet spot."

We popped in here and sat down.

DSC09674_zps4nb5cvyh.jpg

It's a nice (air conditioned!!)
little nook that few people seem to visit.
And I'm perfectly happy with that.
We took out our various electronica
and I perused the DIS while Kay
looked at whatever teen girls look at.

After about half an hour, I announced that it was time to go.
"Is it far?" She asked.
(Her feet were still bothering her.)
"Nope. We're practically there already."

We exited our little oasis, climbed a flight of stairs
and checked in at Teppan Edo for our ADR.
(Hmmm... 17 of you just went "D'oh!"
I could hear it from here.
(Sound carries over snow, apparently.))

We were seated at a table with a nice family.
I noticed the DH was carrying a DSLR camera,
so we chatted a bit about cameras and photography.
I asked where they were from.
"A small town in Jersey, just outside Philadelphia."

Wait.
What?

When we were at Biergarten
and sat with the honeymooning couple,
they were from...
"A small town in Jersey, just outside Philadelphia."
What are the odds!?!?

Weird!

Our orders were taken,
drinks produced and soon our chef arrived.

We really enjoyed watching him.
I don't have anyone else to compare him to,
but he seemed pretty fun to us.

This was Kay's first time at this type of restaurant
and she enjoyed the show.

I did not... repeat NOT, touch the cooking surface with my finger.
(I'm curious. Let me know if you get (or don't get) that reference.
Bonus points whether you do or don't get it. I just wanna know.)

DSC09678_zps1siin4ro.jpg

Volcano!!!

DSC09682_zpsaaj8vbyt.jpg

Another of Kay's favourite things.
Noodles.
I swear, the kid could live off that and nothing else.
Of course, then she'd develop scurvy.
But still...

DSC09685_zpsncwspdta.jpg

Yumm...
So good.
Definitely recommend.
Go for the show.
Stay for the grub.

I had the Filet Mignon while Kay had the scallops.
We both chose vanilla ice cream for dessert.

After dinner we bid adieu to our Jersey table-mates and set out...
For our real dessert of course.
You didn't really think a tiny dish of vanilla ice cream
would suffice, did you?
Did you???

We walked out, headed around the corner and...

DSC09687_zpsak4ybgpv.jpg

Kaki-Gori!
aka: Shave Ice.

I've mentioned this before,
but for my newer readers:
We fell in love with shave ice
when we were in Hawaii a few years ago.

On my solo trip in February,
I bought some and was a little disappointed.
It wasn't anywhere near as good as Matsumoto's in Oahu.
Good, but granular as opposed to shaved.
And no ice cream at the bottom.
Still, on a hot day...

Yep. Still good.
I'd buy one again, especially on a hot day.

(Aaaaannnndddd... only @SnowWhiteOz guessed that one!
But she's psycho.

Psychic! I meant psychic!

No I didn't.

Love ya still!)

After we finished our treats,
Kay had pretty much had enough for the day.
We had to swing by the UK
and Canadian pavilions to pick up some gifts.
Snapped just a couple of quick shots as we strolled.

DSC09688_zpsewuca4ur.jpg

DSC09690_zpsnvkp94to.jpg

When we got to the UK,
I asked a CM if she knew where we could get
what Kay was looking for.
I don't remember what it was she wanted,
but it was something a friend of hers had asked her to look for.
We were directed to the Tea Caddy
and while we didn't find what she was looking for,
we did see a familiar face zipping through.

DSC09692_zpslwvooaaj.jpg

DSC09694_zpsics4zwv1.jpg

Nine of you celebrating.
Eighteen... not so much.

DSC09695_zpsw3vfix3w.jpg

After our quick run in with Alice and a brief stop in Canada,
we had to... had to stop for a couple of these babies.

DSC09696_zpshkumjoyg.jpg

Most of you guessed we'd have a cronut.
Well, of course we did!
Do you think I'm nuts?

Of course you do.
Yet I still wouldn't pass one of these beauties up!

Continued Next Post!

Continued From Previous Post!

After waking up from our sugar comas...
and don't you just love Disney?
While we were laying there unconscious and gently twitching,
no one came and stole our Magic Bands!
I thought we'd been sprinkled with pixie dust,
but it turned out to be just sugar.

Since Kay didn't find what she was looking for in the UK,
we popped into Mousegears for a bit.
She did find her friend something there,
so she was happy.
Not what she was originally after, but still.

And with that, we left the park and headed out to the bus stop.
We arrived at the stop at 7:22pm
and the bus didn't show up until 7:27pm.
Really Disney? Five minutes?
That's twice in one day!
This just will not do at all.

I was going to yell at the driver
and demand a monetary recompense,
but Kay's feet were smarting
and she just wanted to sit down.
So I refrained.
My refraining has become a common refrain of late.

We got back to Pop fairly quickly and headed up to our room.
But our night wasn't quite over yet.

I'd noticed that when Kay's feet start to hurt,
if she just gets off them for a while,
she's good to go again for a bit.

So after sitting on the bus,
she wanted to know if we could go to the arcade.

When you get your Disney ME package,
you also get some arcade credits.
I think it was something like 100 credits.

I was more than happy to go down to the arcade with her.
100 credits! We'd be able to play every game and spend
a couple of hours there!

Yeah.... no.
Apparently 100 credits is like a couple of tokens.
And only the most boring games take just one token.
Anything that you might want to play takes three or four.

She played a game or two and was quickly out of credits.
I loped back up to the room to get some cash to buy some more.
(So in that respect, Disney's plan to get us spending more money
worked like a charm.)

I'll say this for Kay.
In some ways she's just like any normal teenager,
but in other ways she surprises me.
"Dad, is there anything you want to play?"
Well, I'll be darned.

There was an old-school video game sitting in the corner.
Un-used and sneered at by the younger generation.
If you've been around as long (or longer) than I have
you might be familiar with a game called Galaga.
It used to be one of my favourite games.
This is back when dinosaurs roamed the arcades,
you understand.

Anyway, I started to play.
It had been... oh, probably about 35 years since I'd played it last.
It took a while before I remembered what to do.

Now it's an old game.
The line with the score was kind of... unreadable.
Kay swears I got the high score, I don't know.
She's smarter than I am, so maybe I did.
I was there for quite a long time.
She was duly impressed.

We then moved over to Guitar Hero.
She didn't get the high score.
But she too was there for a long time.
And I too was duly impressed with her axe prowess.

So... a win/win evening excursion.

Eventually we used up our credits
and Kay was ready to call it a night.
It was around 10:00pm or so.
We headed up to the room
where she started to dive into the internet.

"I'm going to head out for a bit
and take some photos of the resort, okay?" I said.
"If you need me, just send me an email."

I gathered up my gear and headed out.
I had brought my tripod just for this reason.
I thought you guys might like to see what Pop looks like.
Well, those of you who haven't been...
And I was pretty sure that the only chance I'd get would be at night.
(I did have time earlier, but it had been raining.)

So without any further blather from yours truly,
here are some of the shots I took around Pop.
Hope you enjoy!

DSC09699_zpsncnd0xjf.jpg

DSC09700_zps0yfjgsvr.jpg

DSC09703_zpsk1fdyxgr.jpg

DSC09702_zpspnblta7i.jpg

DSC09704_zps5ysnm0dl.jpg

DSC09706_zpslb6ugyoq.jpg

DSC09708_zpsldohbnva.jpg

DSC09711_zpsh5a9drtx.jpg

DSC09713_zpsnqcgdp4j.jpg

DSC09716_zpsthos2dlp.jpg

DSC09719_zpsuokmy6su.jpg

DSC09717_zpsogvmlvoa.jpg

DSC09720_zps5mpwui97.jpg

DSC09722_zps0y2efc8o.jpg

DSC09723_zpsyotsxifg.jpg

DSC09725_zps4126ti6i.jpg

DSC09726_zps9m8c5ibx.jpg

DSC09727_zpsamofxgfm.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the tour.

I got back to the room around 11pm or so.
"Where were you?" Kay asked.
"I told you." I replied. "Out taking pictures."
"Yeah." She said. "But you were gone for an hour!"

Awwww... the little peanut was worried about me.
Or maybe she was worried how she'd get home without me.
Probably the latter.

Minutes later, we were both snug in our beds...
With one more Disney day ahead of us.

Contest!

Disney Transportation Wait Time to date
(10 busses, 3 boats, 2 monorails): 30 minutes
Average wait time 2 minutes.

TheLittleKatie - 26 (-15 pts)
Steppesister - 33 (-10 pts)
jandlinz - 34 (-15 pts)
Saturn23 - 36 (-15 pts)
Gracefulskinny - 40 (-15 pts)
vrajewski10513 - 43 (-15 pts)
DizzneyDi - 48 (-10 pts)
DISNEYMOON10121991 - 49 (-10 pts)
orangecats2 - 52 (-10 pts)
cinderkelly - 60 (-10 pts)
afwdwfan - 63.5 (-10 pts)
Mac Brew - 69 (-10 pts)
MAGICFOR2 - 72
Mrs T 2009 - 75 (-10 pts)
Captain_Oblivious - 84.375 (-10 pts)
DonnaBeeGood - 94 (-10 pts)
franandaj - 97 (-10pts)
ForeverDance - 105
SnowWhiteOz - 123
Thumper_Man - 170
chookie94 - 172
irene_dsc - 175
SimplyGoofy - 180 (-10 pts)
Terra Nova guy - 204
ougrad86 - 210
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes - 221
Tracy161 - 224
DisneyAndrew - 232
TGM - 240
Kiren - 256
Mr. lncredible - 270
Kiotzu - 273
Backstage_Gal - 310
queenbetsey - 315
TruLovesKiss - 323
BibbitybobityLu - 358
Curiouser&curiouser! - 363
Susan R - 600

Feel free to change your guesses if you wish.
You may do so up to and including the next update.

Bonus question and answer:
Just say you're astonished!
I'm giving you these things! 4 free bonus points to the following:

Steppesister, afwdwfan, Gracefulskinny, Mrs T 2009,
orangecats2, jandlinz, GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes,
Captain_Oblivious, Saturn23, franandaj,
Curiouser&curiouser!, ForeverDance, irene_dsc,
DizzneyDi, DISNEYMOON10121991

Bonus questions, point values and answers from last round.

1. How long until the next monorail?
Answer: 1 minute
(6 points exact answer, 2 points 2-5 minutes, 1 point 6-10 minutes)

2. Where's our World Showcase ADR?
Answer: Teppan Edo (4 points)

3. We get some snacks in Epcot! Two. What are they?
Answer: Shave ice (Kaki-Gori 6 points), Cronut (3 points)

4. We do one ride in FW. Which one?
Answer: Spaceship Earth (4 points)

5. We see one character by happenstance.
Answer: Alice (6 points)

You're guesses and points won:
DonnaBeeGood - 1 (rounded), Via Napoli, churro, cronut, TT, Mary Poppins - 9 points
Steppesister - 5, Teppan Edo, churro, cronut, Soarin', Aladdin - 9 points
afwdwfan - 8, Teppan Edo, churro, TT, Mary Poppins - 5 points
Gracefulskinny - 10, Teppan Edo, American Dream, school bread, TT, Mary Poppins - 5 points
Mrs T 2009 - 8, Teppan Edo, caramel, choc croissant, TT, Alice - 11 points
orangecats2 - 10, Rose & Crown, cronut, macarons, TT, Alice - 10 points
jandlinz - 1, Via Napoli, cronut, school bread, TT, Mary Poppins - 9 points
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes - 6, Via Napoli, cronut, karamel corn, TT, Mary Poppins - 4 points
Captain_Oblivious 0 15, Via Napoli, cronut, ice cream, TT, Mary Poppins - 3 points
SnowWhiteOz - 7, Via Napoli, school bun, kaki gori, MS, Alice - 13 points
franandaj -6,Teppan Edo, cronut, marshmallow, TT, Aladdin - 8 points
Terra Nova guy - 3, Via Napoli, shortcake, ice cream, TT, Mary Poppins - 2 points
Curiouser&curiouser! - 7, Chefs de France, school bread, caramel treat, TT, PP - 1 point
ForeverDance - 5, Via Napoli, cronut, churro, Soarin', Mary Poppins - 5 points
Saturn23 - 8, Via Napoli, gelato, cronut, TT, Alice - 10 points
irene_dsc - 3, Via Napoli, cronut, schoolbread, TT, Alice - 11 points
vrajewski10513 - 6, Rose & Crown, school bread, cronut, TT, Mary Poppins - 4 points
Thumper_Man - 3, Rose & Crown, school bread, cronut, Sum Thrills, Aladdin - 5 points
Mrs Thumper_Man - 10, Teppan Edo, éclair, cronut, TT, Aladdin - 8 points
MAGICFOR2 - 2, Via Napoli, pretzel, nachos, TT, Alice - 8+4=12 points
DizzneyDi - 4, Teppan Edo, cronut, ice cream, TT, Alice - 15 points (high score!)
cinderkelly - 0, Teppan Edo, cronut, frushi, SE, Mulan - 14 points (3 points for 0 minutes guess)
TheLittleKatie - 1, Via Napoli, ice cream, school bread, TT, Alice - 12 points
Mac Brew - 7, Tokyo Dining (so close!), fish&chips, school bread, Seas, Mary Poppins - 1 point
TruLovesKiss - 6, Via Napoli, cronut, school bread, Seas, Alice - 10 points
DISNEYMOON10121991 - 12, Teppan Edo, cronut, Karamel, TT, Mulan - 7 points
queenbetsey - 7, Teppan Edo, cronut, crepe, TT, Aladdin - 8 points

Flattery points (aka suck-up points)
Saturn23 - Knows I'm the best. 4 points. Says I'm amazing. 6 points.
franandaj - I'm the tops! I'm the tower of Pisa. 3 points. Loves my wit and charm. 3 points.
DISNEYMOON10121991 - Definitely knows it. 2 points.
SnowWhiteOz - Likes my style. 4 points.
cinderkelly - Dates the right people. 4 points.
TheLittleKatie - Calls me "dearest". 4 points.
TruLovesKiss - She drools over me. 4 points.
queenbetsey - Knows I'm the best... and wonderful. 4 points.

Miscellaneous bonus points
DonnaBeeGood - 2 points for Nope! 2 points for post trip photos.
Steppesister - 2 points for smart donkeys.
afwdwfan - 2 points for giving the finger.
Gracefulskinny - 2 points for tee for two.
Mrs T 2009 - 2 points for kryptonite.
orangecats2 - 1 point for being the only one.
jandlinz - 2 points for breakfast 'shrooms.
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes - 2 points for asking for points. 3 points for BB guns. 2 points for Omaha.
Captain_Oblivious - 3 points awarded retroactively. 2 points for tiered transportation.
Saturn23 - 4 points for HM den. 2 points for sparkly flats.
SnowWhiteOz - 3 points starting to wonder. 2 points for encouragement.
franandaj - 2 points for the theater. 4 points for a hunting we will go.
Terra Nova guy - 4 points for the hijack.
Curiouser&curiouser! - 2 points for clearing that up.
ForeverDance - 2 points for salad. 5 points for sammies.
Thumper_Man - 2 points for wearing sunglasses at night.
Mrs Thumper_Man - 4 points cause she's cute as a button.
MAGICFOR2 - 2 points because she's having a rough time. 2 points for wrestling Alice.
DizzneyDi - 2 points for being hip. 2 points for badgers? We don' need no stinkin' badgers.
cinderkelly - 3 points for her bootie.
TheLittleKatie - 2 points for gotta hand it to her.
Mac Brew - 2 points for the edumacation.
TruLovesKiss - 2 points for bacon. Nuff said.
DISNEYMOON10121991 - 2 points for getting lucky.
queenbetsey - 2 points for stray cats. 2 points for twinkle toes.

Points standings:

Saturn23 – 135 points
DISNEYMOON10121991 – 131 points
jandlinz – 131 points
franandaj - 125 points
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes – 113 points
DizzneyDi – 112 points
ForeverDance – 112 points
SnowWhiteOz – 111 points
Steppesister – 109 points
TheLittleKatie - 104 points
cinderkelly – 100 points
orangecats2 – 97 points
DonnaBeeGood – 96 points
queenbetsey – 96 points
Captain_Oblivious – 93 points
TruLovesKiss – 93 points
Gracefulskinny – 87 points
irene_dsc - 87 points
Mrs T 2009 – 85 points
Curiouser&curiouser! - 80 points
Terra Nova guy - 75 points
afwdwfan – 71 points
MAGICFOR2 – 70 points
Mac Brew – 54 points
chookie94 – 40 points
Mr. lncredible – 40 points
SimplyGoofy - 34 points
BibbitybobityLu – 33 points
vrajewski10513 - 33 points
Kiotzu - 30 points
DisneyAndrew – 28 points
Susan R – 23 points
Thumper_Man - 23 points
TGM - 22 points
misssullyinc - 18 points
Dentam - 14 points
ougrad86 – 13 points
Mrs Thumper_Man - 12 points
Backstage_Gal – 11 points
pookersmom - 7 points
Kiren – 5 points
KathyM2 - 4 points
Dreamer & Wisher - 3 points
MHSweb79 - 2 points
Tracy161 - 2 points

Please double check your scores and let me know if you've been missed.

Still points available in future updates!

Bonus questions, round 9!

1. AM or PM? Do we get out of our room in the morning or afternoon?

2. We have an ADR... in Epcot. Third time's the charm? Where is it?
(Hint: Not Biergarten or Teppan Edo)

3. Speaking of Epcot, what's our first ride?
(Hint: Think outside the box.)

4. Of our three Epcot FPs...
a. Which Tier one FP? Soarin', Test Track or The Land?
b. Do we use 0, 1, 2 or all 3 of our FPs?

Good luck!

This will be the last update until the New Year.
I might write it during the Holidays, I might not.
But I won't post it until 2016.
Depends on what kind of time I have.

Coming up!... Our last day at Disney! Boo!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter