Canada-"Under-Appreciated"?

This is one of my favorite spots to sneak off to and spend a few minutes relaxing and cooling off!

IMAG0111.jpg

Now, if there was just a walk-up cart where I could get some cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread to-go, it would be perfect! :thumbsup2

Amen to that sista! Last year at Food and Wine the Canada kiosk did do the cheddar cheeese soup and it was its usual yummy self.

One of these days, this Canadian will have to try cheddar cheese soup since it is so...Canadian?

Several of my favorite WDW vids involve a stroll through this area, and I've spent many an afternoon stumbling back and forth between Off Kilter and the British Invasion performances. Does anyone know if La Fin Du Monde can be purchased other than at Le Cellier?

Bill From PA

Does anyone know if La Fin Du Monde can be purchased other than at Le Cellier?

In the Canada pavilion? No. According to Beers and Ears, Brown Derby has it. One year it was sold at the international beer booth at the food & wine festival. Last year there was a Unibroue sold at a kiosk in Canada but only during the festival...I do not remember if it was Fin du Monde, but I doubt it since Le Cellier only has it in bottles.

They haven't said anything about Unibroue at the beer stand coming back for the festival. The actual Festival booth is said to be serving Moosehead.

In the Canada pavilion? No. According to Beers and Ears, Brown Derby has it. One year it was sold at the international beer booth at the food & wine festival. Last year there was a Unibroue sold at a kiosk in Canada but only during the festival...I do not remember if it was Fin du Monde, but I doubt it since Le Cellier only has it in bottles.

They haven't said anything about Unibroue at the beer stand coming back for the festival. The actual Festival booth is said to be serving Moosehead.

Thanks, we'll be there Oct 11 through 17 and I'll look for it at F&W. We were last to F&W in 2009, we're over due.

Bill From PA

So you still have no clue as to just how incredibly insulting your husband's comment was?? If I'd been there I would have torn him a new one. That comment isn't funny- it shows disrespect and ignorance all at the same time.

Agreed. The girls probably he was like other ignorant people who know nothing about Canada and felt the need to straighten him out...they had no idea he was just being an *******!

Agreed. The girls probably he was like other ignorant people who know nothing about Canada and felt the need to straighten him out...they had no idea he was just being an *******!

I think they probably found the comment arrogant which isn't endearing or amusing.

We enjoy the Canada Pavilion for Off Kilter and the scenery. We've seen the movie, but don't feel we need to see it each time (we feel the same way about the other movies in WS). I love the gift shop- even though the merchandise is stereotypical and corny, I still think it's very cute and fun.

I only wish that there were something else to do, perhaps in the waterfall/garden area. It does seem to be missing something, though.

I agree there should be something more there. The area is very scenic and representative of Canada in all except for the outfits. But that may be true of many of the WS countries. How many German's dress like those in the German pavilion? If it wasn't for branding issues I think the CM's should be wearing "Roots" attire. That seems to be how many pick us out of a crowd!

As far as the angry CM's, they shouldn't have pushed back at the guy calling Canada a state....he didn't know how cliche and insulting that joke is. He probably thought he was being original. It's a joke we hear repeatedly and those CM's probably hear it more often than most. We are a pretty passive country but that particular attitude does tend to get our blood pressure up!

A walk up cart with Cheddar cheese soup, pretzel bread and a cup of Tim Horton's would be perfection!

Instead of more carts cluttering up the walkways, they should put a quick-service dining hall somewhere in the big Hotel building. Cheese soup, poutine, TimHo's, and lots of seating.

I am not a huge fan of the Canada pavillion as much as other ones because of the same reason i do not visit the American one. I am out for the different, exotic, etc. I AM in America, and as a Michigander, I am almost IN Canada. I like to see stuff I cannot see at home!

I think Canada is my least favorite pavilion. I hardly ever even stop there anymore. The shopping isn't that great (and neither is Off Kilter :faint: ), and the only attraction is a movie where you have to STAND UP!

There's not even a good drink or snack stand.

I don't have anything against Canada the country, but I think Epcot could do more with it.

ttintagel said:
Instead of more carts cluttering up the walkways, they should put a quick-service dining hall somewhere in the big Hotel building. Cheese soup, poutine, TimHo's, and lots of seating.

This is the smartest suggestion I've seen so far! If they have such a high demand for the restaurant, why not utilize their extra space and put in a quick service?? Disney could really rake in the dollars just from Disers going to get their doses of cheese soup and pretzel bread.

It's a joke we hear repeatedly and those CM's probably hear it more often than most. We are a pretty passive country but that particular attitude does tend to get our blood pressure up!

I would have asked how things are in the great province of the USA, myself. Or maybe 'how's that healthcare thing going'.

:rolleyes1 :stir:popcorn:::lmao::rotfl2:

They MUST change those outfits. It just perpetuates the stereotype of us Canadians being backwoods log chopping hicks. On our last trip my then DD8 said, "those costumes are SO embarrassing. We DON'T dress that way". Other than that, we love it.

Off Kilter ROCKS!:rockband:

During F&W fest we will watch Off Kilter and then "make" :-)drinking1) our way around the world just in time to be back to see their next performance!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts