Can you use Disney Dollars for tips?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Trixiezzz, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Trixiezzz

Trixiezzz Budgeting my way to Disney!

I've read you can use DD on board Disney ships, but exactly what can you use them for?

Can you use them for:

Photos?
    The spa?
    Shore excursions?
    Theatre candy?
    What else?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pearlieq

pearlieq <font color=green>They can sit & spin<br><font col

You can use the for anything you would charge to your stateroom. You just take your Disney Dollars to guest services and they apply them to your room as a stateroom credit. You can then use your room key to charge against your credit.

With a few small exceptions, the ship operates as a "cashless" society, so unfortunately you can't use your Disney Dollars to pay for individual transactions at the stores/spa/bars. It all must be charged to your room.

4. JimV

JimV Mouseketeer

Since tips can be charged to the room, indirectly, DisDollars can be used for tips. One hint -- go to Guest Services in the middle of the cruise when it is quiet to take of this and avoid the lines that start popping up on Thursday night...

-- JimV

5. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

DO Tip the people that need to be tipped.
    DON'T do it with Disney Dollars.

DCL might change it into "real" money for the CM's. I'm sure that the CM's would like to spend their hard earned money where ever they feel like it - and it's NOT always on Disney Property (unlike the rest of us:) )

6. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Good advice. Many crew members send the money home to support their families.