Can you upgrade a ticket?

JulieBarlow

Mouseketeer
We have bought the 14 day unlimited tickets for our trip in 9 days:yay: We are now thinking we would be better off getting one annual pass to save on parking costs and get the discount in stores. Does anyone know if we will be able to upgrade to an annual pass from these tickets? And do you know how much an annual pass currently costs?

Unfortunately, the 14-day Unlimited tickets are not 'upgradeable' as they are provided purely for the UK market.

oh that's annoying. Do you know if they would allow me to cancel the ticket for a refund and then purchase an annual pass instead? Would it be worth me asking when we go to collect the tickets at the park? We bought the tickets a while ago and can't remember what it said in the small print!

Whether or not you could cancel one of the tickets you've already purchased would purely be up to whichever ticket agent you purchased from - did you book through Disney UK?

As far as I am aware, you can only buy an Annual Pass direct with Disney US, either through the website or in person at guest relations.

Some people on the DIBB are reporting that you can upgrade an ultimate as long as it's not been used.

I posted this on the DIBB too. Many thanks to Babyboo who gave me some hope when she reported that she upgraded that encouraged me to not take 'no' for an answer from the mouse.

I upgraded with a DVC discount, with the tickets on the room key and it was done on the last day of the holiday (not to mention that the last of the DDP wasn't erased). This was August. They found out what I paid for them, converted to dollars and I paid the difference to the DVC Premium AP.

I got told 'yes' and 'no' on the phone from Disney UK and US before I left and was told 'no' when I got there because of the paperwork required if they upgrade and have to get someone to manually put DDP back on (as the DDP can go missing during upgrade from room key). So went on last night and found they were more than willing when we were willing to lose any remaining DDP credits.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter