Can you swim in December?

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
Ok...I'm not a Disney newby by any means but we have always done our Disney trips in July or August due to school.

Next year we are planning a trip in December. How warm is the temperature in Florida at that time? A heat wave to us right now is maybe 30...LoL

Thanks for any/and or all help,
E.. :)

Nevermind, when I first tried to search this topic. The search would not work. I just found a whole slew of posts/answers to this question.

Moderators if you want to delete this, please feel free. I don't want to take up unnecessary space.

Thanks!

We were there December 5-12 at All Stars Movies. The high temps ranged from 65 to 80 throughout the week. The kids did swim on two afternoons. The pools are heated but the cooler days just didn't feel like swimming weather. They were only chilly when they got out and were all wet. There were people, however, in the Fantasia pool and the Duck Pond pool everyday when we walked by. Temps in Florida can be all over the place so pack for everything and take it day by day. We are going back Nov. 28 through Dec. 4 2010!:woohoo:

You could sure swim today! It's about 80 and muggy. But as a previous post stated, in December, temps are all over the place.
My wife and two youngest daughters went to visit some resorts Monday night. We took the boat from WL to MK to get on the monorail, and it was FREEZING!! Temps were in the mid 40's and it was windy. So, prepare for anything, and have fun!

:cool1:

Thanks for all the responses. Being from Ohio...we can swim in many diff temps. LoL Neither one of my son's have seen Disney at Christmas time, this will be a treat for all of us. I have only seen it once in December about 8 years ago. If we can swim, that would just be a bonus.

:)

Just came back from an 8 day trip in Coronado yesterday. We got there on the 16th and could swim then. You could also swim on the last day. Every other day was just too cold. The hot tub was nice. Also, we stopped by the beach club (our home DVC resort) and I put my hand in the water in the middle of our stay and the water was piping hot. It would have been nice to take a swim, but alas, we were staying at Coronado lol.

I guess it depends on where you stay.

We were just there the 8th - 17th. There were several days that were in the 80's, sunny and humid. There were also several days that were freezing! Cold (think 50's with the wind) and the pools were empty. We are from New England and even we were wearing jeans, sweatshirts and gloves on those days. Pack your swimsuits but don't forget warm jackets and gloves. Sounds strange but we used them all during our weeks stay. :)

We were there 12/12-12/16 and every day except the last day was pool weather to us! Note: just about every day on the weather channel they were saying how it may be so warm that it breaks the record, so the weather wasn't normal. We packed everything from tanks and shorts to hoodies and jeans...throughout the vacation we wore everything we brought.

CMs say the pools are all heated but I have stayed at some resorts in Dec. that you could swim in at night (with 70 degree daytime temp) and the water felt great (not cold at all) but at other resorts, the water did not feel heated at all (with the same daytime temps). So, I have given up swimming in Dec. even if the days are warm.

We were there 12/12 to 12/18 and as a PP stated, every day until the 16th was a good pool day. The 16th was our "free" day and we planned on swimming but it was too chilly lol We passed up quite a few good days!

We were there last year the same week where the temps I believe were closer to normal than this year and there were good swim days as well.

we go in January and have always swam in the pool, of course, we are from Wisconsin, so 60-70 degrees in January is a heat wave.

Yep swimming is possible. When we went over New Years we went swimming and someone said 'You are from Minnesota. Aren't you.' We said yes and he said 'Figured. You are the only ones crazy enough to go swimming this time of year.' It was like in the 60s, though it got down to the upper 20s low 30s when we where there over New Years.

You will just look like a happy tourist from the North. :)

Average temps in Orlando for December are highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
You can look it up on wunderground. MCO is Orlando's code. I would post the link but note enough posts yet.

Nobody will stop you from swimming in December at WDW. Only your good sense will do that. :laughing:

Seriously, all the WDW pools are heated, but many people would prefer that they heat them warmer. It all depends on your temperature tolerance and the vagaries of the weather when you are there.

We stayed Dec 15-20 at the Beach Club. It was 85 on the 15th but went down to the low 70s for the rest of the stay. We are from the Great White North so it was tropical for us.

Just got back. (No really - can you hear that washer?)

We swam 3 of our 6 days at WL. Even when it was chilly, we hit the pool. Just bring a robe to snuggle in. The water was very warm in the pool and the hot tub was awesome. Use several towels to get dry and swim when the sun's out.

Even this week with the weather on the cool side, there were folks like us at the pool. Of course, we were all from the Northeast or the Midwest. My thin blooded Florida relatives thought we were nuts. Maybe we are. :rotfl2:

Bring the suits! :banana:

LaWa

I found the same swings in temp. during our Jan. trips. Some days were good for swimming, in the afternoon, during the warmest part of the day, and some days were just to cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter