Can you request a specific room at T Rex Cafe?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Treacle44, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Treacle44

Treacle44 DIS Veteran

And if so where would you recommend?

x

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. iheartdisney

iheartdisney DIS Veteran

We just went there on Jan 15th, and my advice is GO EARLY!!!! And you can probably sit anywhere you want.
    We had reservations for 5, but left DHS early to make sure we got there in time, and arrived at 4:30. There was no one there, seriously. The bar was empty, there was one other table of people where we were in the fern room. Our waiter was very attentive.
    At 5:30 when we left, there was a line from the podium inside out to the sidewalk, and every table was full.
    The fern room was nice. The ice room was very pretty, but can't imagine trying to eat in there with the blue and pink lights. If we ever go again (many years hence) I think I'd like the aquarium room. Then we can skip Coral Reef!

4. WhateverLolaWants

WhateverLolaWants DIS Veteran

I agree with the person above me about the Ice Room. The lighting would bother me, plus that is where the bathroom is so it's a high traffic area. I ate in the Sequoia Room (I think that's the name) and it wasn't too bad, it has the most dinosaurs. The Sea Room is really neat, but it's near the entrance.

5. shellybaxter

shellybaxter Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre

I'm not sure about requesting a room - but you will easily see all of the rooms from whereever you sit. They aren't like rooms that are completely segregated - they are more like sections. We were in the meteorite room but right next to the ice room (the lighting didn't bother me but it did make things blue) and could easily see the sea section by the bar. I could see the fern forest through the ice room and walked over there to get a picture and it wasn't a problem.

6. DoodlesMom

DoodlesMom Mouseketeer

My dh did our ADRs this time & totally missed this. Is it difficult? We arrive in a week!

7. sanjacprof

sanjacprof Earning My Ears

I called this week to make all of my dinner reservations in the parks, and when I requested the T-Rex in DTD, she said that they didn't take reservations...that you just show up! Is this wrong?!? Someone please tell me. Thanks!

8. mydisneykids

mydisneykids DIS Veteran

You have to call the restaurant directly. I got the number by running a search on these these boards or you can google the restaurant itself. We made our reservations for April already.

9. duma

duma Mouseketeer

You can call the restaurant directly to make reservations. I can't remember the number, but we googled it to find it.

10. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

407 828 Trex