Can you put 5 in a room at POR if youngest is 10?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by marciemi, Jan 24, 2005.

1. marciemi

marciemi DIS Veteran

I know I've read on these boards many times that Disney "recommends" the trundle for ages 3-9. Is that enforced like the under 3 for the 5th person at the All Stars, or as long as my 10 year old fits can we still book it? I know when we stayed there in 2000, they simply told us it was recommended for folks under 5 feet, but no age restriction. Is this new? I slept on it then actually (I'm 5'8") and was fine, and since my son is about 52 inches, I'm sure he'd be okay! Anyone know?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Traveliz

Traveliz DIS Veteran

Yes you can still have 5 in that room.

Liz

4. candykisses

candykisses <font color=blue>Ask Me About My Sheltie<br><font

I agree that it should be alright.

5. snowmouse

snowmouse DIS Veteran

We did it with an 11 year old. I think anyone under 5 foot would fit fine.

6. dgaston

dgaston Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies tshirt"

My daughter slept in the trundle at age 14 since she's the one who curls up into a little ball when she sleeps!

7. marciemi

marciemi DIS Veteran

Thanks - when I tried booking it on the WDW website, even after I entered their ages, it allowed it. But when I tried it on expedia (where the prices are significantly cheaper!), it wouldn't allow me to book 5 in the room, no matter what I entered for the ages. On Travelocity it allowed me to book 5 anywhere, even the All Stars. So that's why I was getting confused! We just got back, and are already considering a future stay - this time for longer than 3 days! But if we were going to have to book 2 rooms or a deluxe, I was about to stop thinking about it!