Can you monve the mattress?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by sullymoscow, Jan 7, 2010.

1. sullymoscow

sullymoscow Mouseketeer

This may seem odd, but we have a 2 BDR (dedicated) at AK booked for 4 adults and 4 kids (ages 6 and 9). If my DH and I have the king room and our 6 year old wants to sleep in the room with us does anyone know if the mattress from the chair or sleeper sofa are removable and can be placed on the floor in the bedroom? It will prevent us from having to pack (and pay for) an air mattress and bedding.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

No, you can't.

4. amcnj

amcnj DIS Veteran

When my kids were small they actually used to prefer to sleep on the coach cushions placed on the floor than on the sleeper sofa itself!

5. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

It depends on the model of the sleeper sofa, some of the cushions do not come off, they just fold under when the bed is pulled out.

6. Windjammer

Windjammer Mouseketeer

Sometimes armchairs/ottomans can be combined to form a "bed" for a child. Another option is for the bed's comforter to be folded over many times to provide cushioning on the floor.

Hope this helps.

Steve

7. dis-happy

dis-happy DIS Veteran

Yet another option is to take the mattress part of the port-a-crib and put that on the floor (it comes with a sheet too)..add a pillow and a blanket and it makes a mini bed for a small child. We do this quite often with my younger ds.