can you help me decide please?

karentan

<font color=green>my main job for tomorrow is to g
trying to book a deluxe room for the first and probably last time in my life!!
what would you choose and why?

poly MK view
contemporary MK view (if i can get one, jersey week!!)
boardwalk view (again if i can get one)
GF MK view (not as keen on the GF)

Out of the choices you gave I would do this: GR MK view or the Poly MK view. To be able to see the fireworks from your room is amazing.

Good Luck

either Polyn or BW - Jersey week is during the food/wine festavial -so you will want easy transportation to Epcot.

I would have to say the Poly MK view :goodvibes. Out of the 4 resorts you mentioned, we have only stayed at the Poly, but we LOVE that resort :love:. Everything about it is wonderful.....the tiki torches lit at night, the beach, seeing the castle while you swim, watching fireworks from the beach...the list goes on and on ;). As far as the other 3.....the Contemporary has just never appealed to us; the resort just seems too old :sad2:. At the GF we always feel like we don't "belong" when we're there....seems too stuffy for us :rolleyes1. As for the Boardwalk.....we really haven't spent much time around this resort, but we like the MK area better than the Epcot/Boardwalk area :rolleyes:. I'm sure all of those resorts are nice, but our preference is the Poly :thumbsup2. Whichever resort you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time :dance3:. Good luck deciding and happy planning :banana: :banana:

I love the Polynesian and the Boardwalk ... but we had dinner at the Cali Grill at the CR this past trip and now I understand why people get so excited about that view!

I guess I'd say Poly is my first choice if you think this is your one shot at a deluxe -- easy access to MK and Epcot by walking to the TTC, great restaurants, watch the fireworks from your room or the beach, walk along the torch-lit pathways, etc. However, if you think you'll spend most of your time at Epcot/DHS, the Boardwalk might be the way to go. As far as I know, though, you can't guarrantee a Boardwalk view unless you're booking a deluxe room (which is also concierge). I think Boardwalk has water views, which can inlclude a pool view. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

All of the choices are great, though, and I hope you have a fabulous trip!

I'd go for Contemporary Tower over Poly...just so cool to be on the upper floors watching the fireworks....and you can WALK to MK!
:)
Tara

I'd go for the Contemporarytower. You cannot beat the view and as ImHall 2000 posted, you can walk.
We've had bad experiences at the Epcot resorts during F & W. Loud, drunk people do not make for a goodnight's sleep.

i was leaning towards the contemporary, but because its during jersey week, its all booked up already. got a hold on a poly room, but still undecided.

Have to add my vote for CR MK view:

2007_0402Disneymarch070142.jpg

Well it really depends on your family members plus your taste. If you are just 2 adults and going to WDW during the food and wine festival, then the Epcot resorts would be awesome! You could just walk to the festival each day or night and enjoy the festivities. Or, in the alternative, if you have kids or simply love MK the most, then Poly or CR would be awesome to have the MK views and see Wishes and the water parade and also have easy access to MK. Just depends on what you're looking for in this trip. I can't imagine regretting staying at any of your choices -- you've picked some good ones! One thing I do want to mention is that Poly and CR have fabulous, large, and newly refurbed rooms, while BWI has smaller rooms that need a bit of an update, but that does not stop us from loving the Epcot resorts!

Oh, and beware because once you stay at one of those deluxes, it's very hard to stay anywhere else!
:)

It would have to be the Poly - we LOVE the theming. Stayed there on our honeymoon 4 years ago and I would kill to be able to afford it every year.

I see you're from the UK, and in that case, the Poly's theming would probably be really different than what you are used to at home. I'm sure you have some GF type of places there, so that would be out for me. And the Poly allows direct access to the TTC monorail line to Epcot which is a great perk.

We've stayed at the Poly, and loved the theming and the views. Plus you have direct monorail service to MK and Epcot.

I would also book a dinner at the California Grill (wow, what views) and then watch the fireworks outdoors on top of the roof. We did that on our last night and it was the perfect ending to a wonderful trip. Be sure to take your camera.

Whatever you decide, you can't really go wrong. Have a great time!

POLY!!!! If I only had one chance to stay at a deluxe that would definitely be it. It so pretty and romantic. The monorail, Kona coffee, MK views, lush tropical foliage...definitely the Poly. CR holds no interest for me whatsoever. We stopped in there last month to check it out and see if our opinions had changed - nope, don't like it. Feels too much like an office building inside...

Poly would be my first choice, with BWI being a close second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter