Can You Have an Appetizer for Meal on Dining Plan??

sahlink

DIS Veteran
We've never done the Dining Plan before, so I have a couple questions.

I'm not a big eater, so sometimes all of the food for some of these entrees at the Disney restaurants overwhelm me. Can you use a TS credit for an appetizer? For example, if we are at Whispering Canyon, their big skillet is WAY too much food for me. But one of the quesadillas on the appetizer menu would be perfect!! Or similar, at Sanna there entrees are WAY to much food, but the bread service would be perfect.

Thank you for any of your responses!!

Maybe. Most likely at Disney operated restaurants. At a restaurant that is not operated by Disney they will probably tell you that you need to choose an entree.

You can't trade an entree for an app. It's one of the most asked and most consistent no answers.

You could pay oop and save the credit for your meal.

Did you get free dining? The reason I am asking is if you don't plan on eating from the entree selections that much, you are probably wasting your money if you are paying for the dining plan.

Most consistent NO is whether you can trade a dessert for an appetizer. That's always no. But lately many restaurants seem to be cracking down on substituting an appetizer for an entree too.

I would not count on being able to order an app in place of an entree. It may be allowed at some of the Disney owned restaurants, but the third party venues will not allow it because they must follow the rules of the dining plan in order to be reimbursed by Disney.

If you cannot order an appetizer most restaurants will let you share an entree if you have another light eater in your group - in other words use 1 credit to feed 2 people. You will have to share the dessert as well and pay OOP for a second beverage unless 1 person just wants a glass of water. The only TS that will not let you share on the dining plan is Via Napoli. You cannot share and everyone will be charged credits at buffets, AYCTE family style venues, dinner shows and fixed price meals.

Really good information in this thread. :) I'm personally thrilled that we are allowed to share with another with an equally small appetite at some places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter