Can you have a bic lighter on Air Tran in a carry on bag

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by maryj11, Jul 31, 2010.

1. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Is there any rule about having a bic lighter and cigarettes in a carry on bag ? I also wanted to know, which I would think it would fine is a hair curling iron ? Cant seem to find anything about these 3 things on the Air tran site. Thanks for any information:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

4. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

You do need to check the link Dan Murphy provided for lighter (and match) restrictions, but curling irons and cigarettes are fine.

5. disney david

disney david DIS Veteran

Your allowed by TSS to bring one standard lighter in your carry onand they allow only one book of matches on an air plane. Even with item that TSa let you bring in your carry on it still subject to search.

6. skelooch

skelooch DIS Veteran

I always have 1 or 2 small Bic lighters and a book or two of matches in my carry-on and have had no problems lately.

For the few years after 9/11 TSA did confiscate them. But not in the last several years, and most of the times it was at MCO as I recall.

7. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Thanks all:)

8. skelooch

skelooch DIS Veteran

Maryj11,
    weren't you the one looking for Airtran flights from Columbus to Orlando a couple of weeks ago, how did you ever make out, I believe I posted some decent fares to your thread. I hope you saw them.