Can you give someone your fastpass + ?

Mom2six

DIS Veteran
I was so happy to hear that magic bands/ fastpass + may be available for POR in September. Unfortunately, part of my party is staying at All Stars Sports (free dining was booked at POR and they were a last minute addition).

Before you could give someone your FP - I wonder if you can lend them your magic band to use your FP+ selection if you aren't using it? Any experience?

I was so happy to hear that magic bands/ fastpass + may be available for POR in September. Unfortunately, part of my party is staying at All Stars Sports (free dining was booked at POR and they were a last minute addition).

Before you could give someone your FP - I wonder if you can lend them your magic band to use your FP+ selection if you aren't using it? Any experience?

From the FastPass+ section of the Park Experience Terms & Conditions:
Other restrictions and rules may apply based on type of park admission. FastPass+ experiences are not transferable, have no cash value and may not be substituted.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/park-experience-terms-and-conditions.html

I see no reason why not. The quoted T&C is likely referring to the ability to transfer FP+ selections to another MB.

I wonder if we can redefine what non-transferable means on the FP-s as well while we are at it.

We do it in our immediate family. No one has said a word to us.

I am heading with my friend and her kids. They like RNRR, I don't but, booked all of us for FP+ and fully plan on loaning her my MB so that she could ride with one kid and then the other.

Maybe this is a dumb question... but I'm wondering how this would even be done? With FP- you can just give your ticket to someone, wouldn't you have to give your whole band away? I mean, fine for someone in your party, but how would you be able to do this for someone from another family?

Maybe this is a dumb question... but I'm wondering how this would even be done? With FP- you can just give your ticket to someone, wouldn't you have to give your whole band away? I mean, fine for someone in your party, but how would you be able to do this for someone from another family?

Correct on all counts.

The days of handing out an unused FP to a random stranger are nearly gone.

ok... silly question... with the 'old' fp you could keep an eye on the time for your return... how do you remember when you are suppose to return now?? if you book your FP+ before you go... how will you know???

ok... silly question... with the 'old' fp you could keep an eye on the time for your return... how do you remember when you are suppose to return now?? if you book your FP+ before you go... how will you know???

Not a silly question in my opinion. You are expected to remember it or either note it using your favorite electronic device or a pen and paper. Or you can go to certain kiosks in the parks to look it up.

:sad2:
You are expected to remember it or either note it using your favorite electronic device or a pen and paper. Or you can go to certain kiosks in the parks to look it up.

Well, that's an improvement - NOT :rolleyes2

The more I read about Fastpass+ the more I don't like it :sad2:

This is my BIGGEST problem with FP+. We are one of those weird families without smartphones. I am NOT carrying my ipad in the parks, its just not happening. So that means I will need to visit a kiosk unless I write them all down.

:sad2:

Well, that's an improvement - NOT :rolleyes2

The more I read about Fastpass+ the more I don't like it :sad2:

See, they figure that a certain percentage of people will miss their times due to this. . .then they add 10% and that's the amount of available FP's they increased.

From the terms and conditions as well:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/park-experience-terms-and-conditions.html

"RF Devices are not transferable."

Channeling my inner Bill Clinton "depends on what the defifinition of transferable is" FP- are technically non-transferable yet I have never heard of one instance where a guest was denied because they were in posession of a FP ticket that someone else gave them. In my opinion, non-transferable in reference to FP- tickets goes hand in hand with 'no cash value'. Thus no transfer of goods in exchange for tickets is permitted. I would think the same will be true with magicbands. i just can't see CM's trying to enforce who is wearing who's band.

The only real restrictions on attractions at WDW is height which is not tied to a magicband. The only possible restriction i can see with FP+ is that the system will know that little Johnny is 2 yrs old and thus won't allow booking Space Mountain but even then, I wonder if they will even put that into effect. It would become problematic when the age vs. height isn't an obvious distinction. However, I could see under 3 yrs old being restricted on certain heigh rides since under 3 is free anyway.

Although it was easy to get around, technically you were not allowed to give FPs away with the paper system either...

6jtw.jpg

I don't think that you would be able to give someone else your magicband to use their fastpass plus, because when you go through the line your name comes up on the screen and the CM's will call you by name. The first time they said have fun Chris! to my boyfriends son, we were suprised but then looked back and saw our names on a screen. I don't think I couldve given my band to my boyfriend, because he doesn't look like a Linda! Also, I have to say to everyone that is all doom and gloom about the fastpass+, if you haven't tried it yet you don't know how great it really is! I was just there for a week (been home since Tuesday) and stayed at Pop as part of the testing. Fastpass+ worked perfectly! It actually made our vacation less stressful. I scheduled most of my fastpass+ for our afternoon park, then we got up early to go to another park and got on all the rides we wanted to do there, then went back to the resort and made sure we got to our second park for our fastpass+ time. I even changed some of the times right on my phone on the bus when we were running late. I had to take several surveys and give feedback on my opinion of the bands and fastpass+ and I have nothing but good things to say about it. You won't believe how easy it makes things until you're actually there and using it.

You can certainly hand your magic band over to someone else to use, even though they are technically non-transferable. Unless Disney plans to start demanding photo ID along with your FP+ (unless you are a guy trying to use "Mary's band...might look suspicious)...But the days of pixie dusting other guests with your unused FP's are going the way of the Dodo bird.

As far as how one is to remember their FP+ time...wouldn't it be ideal if the new app included push notifications for your phone that would remind you of things you have reservations for? ADR's, FP+, BBB, Parades etc...then again, Disney's IT capabilities are so poor that I can't imagine notifications would ever work. They couldn't even manage to TEXT me my room number like they said they would and claimed they did on our last trip.

...wouldn't it be ideal if the new app included push notifications for your phone that would remind you of things you have reservations for? ADR's, FP+, BBB, Parades etc...

if someone has a smartphone, then their reservations are in MDE...other than having a notifcation pop up on your screen, it is easy to look at your reservations & itinerary. i'm sure there will be 3rd party apps coming out in the future that expand on the use of MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter