Can you get the Dining plan if your not staying on Disney Property?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Kendallkat2, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Kendallkat2

Kendallkat2 A "DVCHV" Member

A friend/co-worker of mine is staying at Bonnet Creek in Disney for 6 nights in September. I have become the known Disney expert at my work so people come to me for answers. I don't know much about staying off property because we are Disney Vacation members and always stay on property.

So my question is, can you purchase the Disney dining plan? If so would you purchase it with your park hoppers? He plans on purchasing his tickets through a website that sells discounted tickets to IBMers. (we work for IBM) So if he can purchase the dining plan where would he purchase it or who would he contact?

Thanks, Beth

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Pixie Dust for Me!

Pixie Dust for Me! Anyone seen tink lately, I'm running a bit low on

No you must be a guest at a Disney Resort to qualify to purchase the Dining Plan (even those staying at Swan and Dolphin don't qualify).

Hope that helps. By the way, be sure to let him know that the Dining Plan has changed...tips and the appetizer are no longer included.

Hope that helps.

4. Kendallkat2

Kendallkat2 A "DVCHV" Member

Wow, thanks for the quick answer. I'll tell him. Another reason to stay on property. He also doesn't like the idea of the buses for Bonnet Creek. I read on these boards that there is only 3 buses a day. He also doesn't like the idea of paying $11 a day for parking. I guess people should think twice before they decide to stay off property.

Thanks again, Beth

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you are not a DVC member staying on points, the only way to get the DDP is to purchase a package which includes room, tickets and dining plan.

6. episode

episode Mouseketeer

This is no longer true.

Just started today, AP holders can get DDP on a room only reservation.

7. Luv2CtheMouse

Luv2CtheMouse DIS Veteran

Not factual, actually. AP holders can get the DDP as well.

8. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

Can AP holders get the DDP if they are using an AP discount on their room, or are they still required to be paying rack rate for the room?