Can you get from Beachclub to Hollywood Stuios by boat?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mom2my3kids, Oct 25, 2012.

1. mom2my3kids

mom2my3kids Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

Just wondering how easy it would be to get the beaches and cream from Hollywood stuios??

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kimberle

Kimberle <font color=darkorchid>WL Vet<br><font color=blue>

Yes you can! It's about a 15 minute boat ride.:)

4. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

The ride is about 15 minutes, and goes from BC/YC to S/D, to studios. In about 15-20 min, you can also walk!

Love the Epcot resort loop!

5. DaymanX

DaymanX Mouseketeer

It's not really far at all, and actually it's faster to walk instead of taking the boat.

6. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

We've done both, walked from DHS and used boat which drops off in front of YC. Both are fun. On our walking excursion, we stopped to look around BWI along the way.

7. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

We check in at Yacht Club tomorrow and I can't wait to be able to walk to DHS or take the boat if we feel like it.

8. heidijanesmith

heidijanesmith DIS Veteran

Boats are fun and easy on your feet, if your tired from a long day in the park. We would usually walk to DS in the AM, it's faster to walk. Walking took us about 15min.

Boats seemed to come about 20-25min, and the ride takes about 15min. If we were unlucky, we would wait about 20min for a boat and then 15 to be dropped off at the YC. Sometimes we would have to wait for a second boat at DS closing time.

9. mom2my3kids

mom2my3kids Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

Thanks everyone, how do you walk to there..I mean what is the route??

10. kdog_1981

kdog_1981 Mouseketeer

Do children need to get out of their strollers when getting on/off this boat ride?

11. BJSforVols

BJSforVols Mouseketeer

No

12. BJSforVols

BJSforVols Mouseketeer

Go over to BW and there is a path from the BW to HS. It's signifcantly longer than the walk from BC to Epcot though.

13. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

It is a nice, relaxing boat ride from Hollywood Studios to the Epcot resorts :dance3:

14. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

When you leave Hollywood Studios look to the left and you'll see the waterway. On the left side of the waterway is the boat dock if you decide to take the boat. The boat will stop first at the Swan & Dolphin, then the Yacht & Beach Club, then the Boardwalk Inn and finally Epcot. It will take the reverse route back to the Studio.

On the right side of the waterway is a paved path. You'll see the sign. Follow that path and it will take you to the Boardwalk/Beach & Yacht Club/Swan & Dolphin.

15. creativeamanda

creativeamanda <font color=darkorchid>One slithering around on me

I concur that it is typically quicker to walk that path than it is to take the boat.

16. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

The sidewalk to the Epcot resorts is very pleasant. As already mentioned, as you leave DHS, head to the left, keeping the canal directly on your left. Walk around the end of the canal, towards the parking lot...stay to the left, with the lot on your right. You will walk a little ways, and then see a small sign directing you to Boardwalk. You will go down a very small slope, and keep on trucking!! It will take you less than 20 mins to get to YC/BC. When you get to the end of the sidewalk, you can go right, into BW, or left. Go left, up the incline, then go right. Right will take you towards YC/BC and Beaches and Cream. Left will take you to the S/D.

17. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

Yes! You can! And I also think you can take that same boat to EPCOt - you really don't have to though since the walk is less than 5 mins!

Have a great trip!!

-FantasiaMagic :wizard:

18. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

We decided to walk from DHS to BC on the day we did all four parks in one day.....not the smartest decision we've ever made, but the walk is totally doable. One piece of advice.....the walk goes by much quicker if you have a Frozen Coke to drink along the way! :)

The walk IS quicker than the boat. We beat the boat back to BC in the July heat, even with a quick detour at BW. I was thankful our room was close to the quiet pool at BC....it was a quick walk from the bridge between BC and BW to our room.

19. Arenita

Arenita Are we there yet?

Love the walk from YC to DHS! I was there in December, and it was very nice strolling weather.