Can you get a shopping pass at Legoland?

auntyjenn

Dreaming of Disney
Does anyone know if you can get a 1 hr shopping pass at Legoland? We did this once in California. Not that I think my husband can be done shopping for Lego within an hour. LOL!

Thanks!

The shopping at LEGOLAND is not that good. LEGOLAND is not owned by Lego, it is a group that owns many theme parks and Lego only has a small stake in it. If you are looking to buy Legos the Lego store in DTD is got a much better selection and parking is free. If you are looking for a tee shirt or something like that many of the ones they sell you can get at Target or Kohls.

Thanks for the info. My husband would be bummed if he drove all the way down there and found out it was lame.

We asked about being able to just shop and you can't. That was a couple years ago so it may have changed.

I agree that the Lego store in Downtown Disney is much better than the shop at LEGOLAND - especially in terms of lego sets and pieces. From my memory, the LEGOLAND store did have a lot of Lego apparel although not specific to lego themes (like star wars, ninjago) - buy more just "LEGOLAND" apparel.

Do they have bricks by the pound, or any cool pieces you can't get anywhere else? Anyone have photos of the the shop?

Does anyone know if you can get a 1 hr shopping pass at Legoland? We did this once in California. Not that I think my husband can be done shopping for Lego within an hour. LOL!

Thanks!
You sure can. This, from Legoland Florida's website:

Can I enter LEGOLAND Florida just to shop? You can get a Shopper's Pass at the ticketing windows to enter LEGOLAND Florida for one hour to shop. You will need to pay a deposit of the cost of single day admission, which will be refunded if you leave within the hour time limit.

Thanks. A shopping pass will definitely tempt him. Serious would be surprised if he can do it in an hour. Wonder if they'd let him do it twice if he showed them how much he was buying... What about the pick a brick store? That's what he really wants.

They do have bricks by the pound at LEGOLAND but they are more expensive then Lego store and they are the basic bricks in many different colors, not many specialty pieces.

Seconding maurene's post about the LEGO store at DTD being better for shopping. It is, after all, the largest LEGO store in the world, with the largest Pick A Brick wall in the world. It was briefly overtaken while it went through a refurbishment in 2011, but took the title back when it opened again. I really wouldn't bother with the long drive down to Legoland just for shopping, not unless you could get cast member discounts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter