Can you get a milkshake at Sci-Fi on the dining plan?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Tiger, May 9, 2009.

1. Tiger

Tiger Earning My Ears

I keep reading about how great the shakes are at Sci-Fi. Are they included in the basic dining plan or can you only get soda with that?:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinker_Belle

Tinker_Belle DIS Veteran

They're not included. If you want to go to Sci Fi, I would go on an off time and pay OP for just the milkshake. The food there is inedible.

4. jana616

jana616 DIS Veteran

Is this true? I was under the impression they were included as your drink here on the DDP and then you also got a dessert. We were thinking of going here in Sept. Can anyone else weigh in?

5. Mrs Grumpy

Mrs Grumpy Always Planning!

They were included the last time we went but that was back in 2006.

6. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Do you want them as your beverage or as a dessert? You may be able to get one as a dessert but not a beverage. Different restaurants seem to do this differently.

7. disneyfanUSA

disneyfanUSA DIS Veteran

we got the milkshakes as a drink at Sci-fi and many other places and we got a dessert as well on the basic dinning plan.

8. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

We were allowed to get them as a dessert, but not as a drink.

9. sherabby

sherabby DIS Veteran

We also were only permitted to have them as a dessert. We had the refillable milkshakes at WCC as a drink though. I could only have one though! It was good too!

10. Canadian Girl 77

Canadian Girl 77 Hoping for some pixie dust

Last week we had them as our drink. Also got the burgers and dessert.

11. annnewjerz

annnewjerz If I had a world of my own, everything would be no

When we had free dining in Sept. 07, we were able to get them as a drink on the DDP, but haven't gotten the DDP since---so I'm not sure if they allow it anymore or not.

12. Tinker_Belle

Tinker_Belle DIS Veteran

Sorry if I misunderstood. We were not allowed to get them as drinks when we were there August 2007, but we didn't ask if it was okay for dessert - just paid OP for them.

13. GC&S

GC&S DIS Veteran

We got them as our drink at Sci Fi (they even brought dd bottled water). I don't know if I would do it again because that and dessert was a lot of sugar!!

14. bubba

bubba Mouseketeer

It seems to depend on your server ! We have always been allowed a milkshake (we highly recommend the oreo shake!) as our beverage and have gotten something different for dessert on the dining plan. This is one of our favorite restaurants and we make it a point to visit every trip. We always stick to burgers, fries and onion rings and they are delicious !

15. JerseyJanice

JerseyJanice RIP, Max!

In 8/08, our waitress told us we could have them as our soft drink or as our dessert.

16. 3mickeys&me

3mickeys&me DIS Veteran

We had milkshakes as our drinks on the dining plan in 07, they were awesome and we loved the food as well, great burgers. Our kids beg to go every trip. Enjoy!:thumbsup2

17. Wendynat

Wendynat Earning My Ears

We were there Easter week (just last month - sniff), and at Sci-Fi we were allowed to get the milkshake as either the drink or the dessert. I ordered it as my dessert and got a soda for the drink, and the husband ordered it as his drink and got something else as his dessert.

18. stephensmum

stephensmum DIS Veteran

We were allowed it as dessert only in 8/08. I think it depends on the server, hoping for it as drink this year.

19. bentleygirl22

bentleygirl22 disney queen

I was able to get it as both a drink & dessert:thumbsup2

20. WAHMto5

WAHMto5 DIS Veteran

Another place that we found depends on your server. One time we were able to get as our drink and another only as the dessert.

21. DISNEYNY

DISNEYNY DIS Veteran

We got it as our drink in Aug 2007, then also ordered a dessert. Hoping to do the same this August on the FDP. :goodvibes