• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you enter parks with KTTW even if you have magic bands....

hart6066

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to think ahead to Christmas time and IF we end up with magic bands/FP+ my biggest worry is them not working while trying to get in with the masses. During Christmas, you do NOT want to have to head to Guest Relations for anything! So my thought was to use the KTTW cards to get in and charge meals, etc and just use the bands for FP+ (and hopefully still use old FP with cards). Thoughts? Thanks!

From what I've been told, the Magic Bands are still in testing so everyone will still also get KTTW cards as a backup. I was worried that we'd be limited to only 3 FP+ a day with the Bands, but others have said for the time being you can still use the old system with the cards as well. My trip is in a couple weeks, but I would imagine they'll still be testing in Dec. as well. Maybe not during the two busy weeks... not sure how that would work out, but keep your fingers crossed!!

Good evening: I just got back last week. What a wonderful time, as always. Just can't beat a Disney vacation. My second one this year. I stayed at PORS this time and we were issued the wrist bands. We also had KTTW. Both can be used to enter the parks. The KTTW can also be used to get FP's. With the wristbands you can use your smartphone to select/program three FP's per day for a specific time.

The wristbands actually work quite well. It is easier than having to worry about losing your KTTW during the day.

Have fun in December. You are brave to hang with the Christmas crowds. I like Disney during the slow season. The holiday decorations are fantastic.

i'm hoping that if it is all rolled out by December they don't do away with giving u both. I have one daughter that might not wear the band but would like to have one.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and were issued both. There are still glitches with the bands. A lot of the locations at DD have had problems with the bands and a few times when we entered our resort, we had to use our KTTW because the computers were down. I don't know if there are true glitches or lack in training. We thought the bands were wonderful.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did continue to issue KTTW cards for a couple of months after MB goes live, as a backup.

Not sure, but I think that people who have an AP or tickets from UCT could also use those.

T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter