Can you do child rider switch with a child who's tall enough to ride

mamattorney

Mouseketeer
My five year old is 44in tall - tall enough for Gringotts but insists that he does NOT want to ride. Can we still do the child rider switch?

At Universal, the switch is done well inside the line; everyone goes inside the line. At 5, if he's like my guy when he was 5, he will likely forget this many times and will need to be reminded. :)

Yup, my 12 year old was almost as tall as me last time we went, but doesn't care for several rides. No issues using child swap at all!

This is such great news, because we were going through all the rides at the parks and my little guy seemed like he was saying no as often as he was saying yes! We will have Express Passes so I wasn't too concerned with most of the rides, but Gringotts was an issue. We went to IoA a few years ago and I remember the Child Swap room on FJ (he's still too small to ride that one) - it was so nice! I liked it better than Disney's system, but I know at Disney it's a crapshoot whether you can get a rider switch pass if your child is tall enough to ride. Knowing that ANY child who doesn't want to ride can wait in child swap is such an administrative relief (I may even get to ride Hulk this time since even my bigger kids may chicken out of that one!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter