Can you check in earlier then your check in time you have???

Happy100

DIS Veteran
MR cruise can I check in earlier then what I had to choose???

Anyone done this any issues???

MR cruise can I check in earlier then what I had to choose???

Anyone done this any issues???

The PORT ARRIVAL TIME is designed to help spread out the arrivals, so the line at check-in doesn't get unmanagable.

That said, if you arrive earlier than your port arrival time, you may be asked to wait (either for your actual arrival time or until the terminal is less busy).

We had a 12-12:30 port arrival time for our MR cruise in Oct and actually arrived about 11:50. We were allowed to enter the terminal at that time.

:cutie:

I have been going back and forth on our decision to rent a car to take to port...not sure how the logistics of this would work. I also looked into a private car service and the Disney service -car service would not be able to get us there until noon, Disney shuttle busses would not pick us up at the hotel until 11-12. We have a 11-11:30 port arrival time. I was told by Disney reps that if we miss that half-hour window, we would have to go back to the "end of the line" and board after the last scheduled arrival time. It sounds as though they are sticking to the port arrival times and despite what I have read on these boards, the Disney reps I spoke with said that they are not letting people board before their assigned time. This is the information I was given for the Magic Eastern...not sure if the information might be different for your particular cruise. Best bet...check with Disney.

I have been going back and forth on our decision to rent a car to take to port...not sure how the logistics of this would work. I also looked into a private car service and the Disney service -car service would not be able to get us there until noon, Disney shuttle busses would not pick us up at the hotel until 11-12. We have a 11-11:30 port arrival time. I was told by Disney reps that if we miss that half-hour window, we would have to go back to the "end of the line" and board after the last scheduled arrival time. It sounds as though they are sticking to the port arrival times and despite what I have read on these boards, the Disney reps I spoke with said that they are not letting people board before their assigned time. This is the information I was given for the Magic Eastern...not sure if the information might be different for your particular cruise. Best bet...check with Disney.

I don't know who you talked to, but if you arrive after your port arrival time, you do NOT "go to the end of the line". The arrival time is just the earliest you can arrive.

If you arrive after your "window", it doesn't matter, you just go in.

The Port Arrival Time was introduced to help lighten the load with the bigger ships, and the numbers of people who just "show up" at port opening time. With the smaller ships, it's not quite as critical.

:cutie:

For cruises out of Los Angeles, what times do you see for Port Arrival Time when doing the online checkin? I see all available, starting at 11:00am, with half hour increments. I had started my online check in the earliest date I could.

If anyone was to check in now, would they see the 11:00am?

If you are on the Magic or Wonder, there is almost no chance of having to wait. As above, the issue is to spread out the crowds and shorten the lines as well as to not have more people in the terminal than the fire marshall will allow. If you are on the Dream and arrive before boarding starts (11:45) with a later time, you may need to wait a short while. As soon as boarding starts, there is no longer an issue with the terminal being too full.

If you arrive after your time, they will just let you in; they are well aware of issues with late flights, etc. It is not a problem....well, as long as you are there before all aboard time!

If you arrive by DCL bus, no problem although they have held people on the bus for 10-15 minutes at least a few times (I suspect waiting for crowds to thin).

You can check in whenever you get to the front of the line; the issue is getting into the terminal. People are rarely kept waiting more than a few minutes. However, checking in early will not get you a better boarding number. That was assigned by the computer based on your scheduled port arrival time.

If you are on the Magic or Wonder, there is almost no chance of having to wait. As above, the issue is to spread out the crowds and shorten the lines as well as to not have more people in the terminal than the fire marshall will allow. If you are on the Dream and arrive before boarding starts (11:45) with a later time, you may need to wait a short while. As soon as boarding starts, there is no longer an issue with the terminal being too full.

If you arrive after your time, they will just let you in; they are well aware of issues with late flights, etc. It is not a problem....well, as long as you are there before all aboard time!

If you arrive by DCL bus, no problem although they have held people on the bus for 10-15 minutes at least a few times (I suspect waiting for crowds to thin).

ou can check in whenever you get to the front of the line; the issue is getting into the terminal. People are rarely kept waiting more than a few minutes. However, checking in early will not get you a better boarding number. That was assigned by the computer based on your scheduled port arrival time.

Thank you very helpful!!!:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter