Can you buy the meal plan without buying tickets?

kath1210

DIS Veteran
We already have tickets, but I keep hearing that the meal plan is a good deal. Can we buy it with a room-only reservation?

Thanks!

No, the meal plan is part of a room/ticket/meal package. Room only ressies, DVC ressies, and AP ressies are not eligible.

However, you do not have to buy length of stay tickets to get it.

When I looked into it, I was only going to buy 2 days' tickets, while we were staying 6 nights, and was able to get the meal package for all 6 days.

disneyeveryyear said:
However, you do not have to buy length of stay tickets to get it.

When I looked into it, I was only going to buy 2 days' tickets, while we were staying 6 nights, and was able to get the meal package for all 6 days.
Correct, you can purchase a smaller ticket than your length of stay, but your Dining plan MUST match the length of time you are staying..

The MYW Dining is only part of a package.

Have you considered getting a Disney Dinning Experience card? They cost $75 a year, for 20% discount on over 70 restaurants in the resorts and in the parks. To get it, phone # 407-566-5858 Monday to Friday, 9-5.

I believe the Disney Dining Plan is available to anyone willing to purchase a package, AAA or otherwise. Maybe the last poster meant the DDE is only available to FL residents and Ap holders? :confused3

Correct, the DDE (Disney Dining Experience) is ONLY for AP or Florida Residents. The Magic Your Way Plus Dining is only for persons on a package deal. Sorry if I was unclear.

Could you buy a one-day ticket and still get the meal plan? I was thinking of doing the same thing.

swilphil said:
Could you buy a one-day ticket and still get the meal plan? I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Yes, you can. That's what I did last month. I purchased our passes from Ticketmanina. When I decided to add the dining plan to my reservation, I just added on two one day base tickets to make the booking a package.

During the trip, I had to be sure to use the one day pass on a day we would not be park hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter