Can you buy resale For sale by owner?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by ncurley, Jun 14, 2014.

1. ncurley

ncurley Earning My Ears

Can you buy DVC for sale by owner? I have been wondering why I never see any resales FSBO like you do with regular real estate.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. supersnoop

supersnoop DIS Veteran

Yes, it is possible and very similar to FSBO real estate. You'll want an experienced title company or attorney to handle the transaction. The problem becomes, where can you find FSBO listings for DVC? I've seen some on eBay, and there's a listing aggregator site that shows one or two.

The difference, however, is that, with normal real estate, there's a benefit to both the buyer and seller because of the reduced transaction costs. But with DVC and Disney's ROFR, there is really no benefit to the buyer. You can't really make a reduced offer, because, whether the broker is getting a commission or not, the total price paid is what Disney considers when they decide to take a contract.

4. ncurley

ncurley Earning My Ears

So what is the normal commission paid to the Timeshare Store or Fidelity or other brokers? I saw one place that said it was 8% which seems very high. If I did buy into DVC, it is good to know how much it would cost to sell if needed.

Most normal real estate averages 6% commission from what I have seen, and realtors spend a lot of time and effort on showings. I know DVC offers tours but not by the resale brokers, so my quick reaction is that 8% commission seems high. But I know they probably do more volume lower dollar sales than normal real estate, so maybe it is just lots of busy work.

5. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

You can, they do sell on Ebay but personally I wouldn't purchase that way. I prefer to go through a broker.

6. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K Mouseketeer

10%

7. heaven2dc

heaven2dc DIS Veteran

8. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

yeah, timeshares and houses aren't really comparable.