Can you buy resale For sale by owner?

ncurley

Mouseketeer
Can you buy DVC for sale by owner? I have been wondering why I never see any resales FSBO like you do with regular real estate.

Yes, it is possible and very similar to FSBO real estate. You'll want an experienced title company or attorney to handle the transaction. The problem becomes, where can you find FSBO listings for DVC? I've seen some on eBay, and there's a listing aggregator site that shows one or two.

The difference, however, is that, with normal real estate, there's a benefit to both the buyer and seller because of the reduced transaction costs. But with DVC and Disney's ROFR, there is really no benefit to the buyer. You can't really make a reduced offer, because, whether the broker is getting a commission or not, the total price paid is what Disney considers when they decide to take a contract.

So what is the normal commission paid to the Timeshare Store or Fidelity or other brokers? I saw one place that said it was 8% which seems very high. If I did buy into DVC, it is good to know how much it would cost to sell if needed.

Most normal real estate averages 6% commission from what I have seen, and realtors spend a lot of time and effort on showings. I know DVC offers tours but not by the resale brokers, so my quick reaction is that 8% commission seems high. But I know they probably do more volume lower dollar sales than normal real estate, so maybe it is just lots of busy work.

You can, they do sell on Ebay but personally I wouldn't purchase that way. I prefer to go through a broker.

so what is the normal commission paid to the timeshare store or fidelity or other brokers? I saw one place that said it was 8% which seems very high. If i did buy into dvc, it is good to know how much it would cost to sell if needed.

Most normal real estate averages 6% commission from what i have seen, and realtors spend a lot of time and effort on showings. I know dvc offers tours but not by the resale brokers, so my quick reaction is that 8% commission seems high. But i know they probably do more volume lower dollar sales than normal real estate, so maybe it is just lots of busy work.

10%

Most normal real estate averages 6% commission from what I have seen, and realtors spend a lot of time and effort on showings. I know DVC offers tours but not by the resale brokers, so my quick reaction is that 8% commission seems high.

yeah, timeshares and houses aren't really comparable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter