Can you buy additional day of credits?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by jocon, Apr 1, 2013.

1. jocon

jocon Mouseketeer

We arrive very early on a Thursday and leave late on Saturday night. Technically 2 nights, but three days of meal needs. Can you add an additional day to the DDP?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The DDP goes by the number of nights you stay, so if you're only booked for 2 nights, you will receive credits accordingly as you cannot add credits. If you are looking at the regular DDP that gives you 1 TS, 1 CS, and 1 snack per night, you might want to look into the deluxe DDP that gives you 3 meal credits (could be used for CS or TS) and 2 snack credits per night. If you definitely want the DDP and don't want to pay OOP for any meals, the DlxDDP would go farther than the regular DDP unless you do signature dining that requires 2 credits/meal.

4. jocon

jocon Mouseketeer

Thanks! I was wondering about the Dlx plan. Something to think about!

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The DlxDDP can be a lot of food depending on how you eat, but it might serve the purpose in your situation if you'd rather have the DDP for all 3 days rather than paying OOP ;). We've had the regular DDP as well as the deluxe and we like them both.

6. ncc1701

ncc1701 Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW

If you want to "prepay" you can buy Disney Gift Cards before your trip .

7. tinkerpea

tinkerpea Registered

I'd give the deluxe some thought as pp have said this would give you the amount of credits you would need for the extra day, plus anything you dot use up you can buy some QS meals that could be used for the travel part, I.e pre packaged food :) we have done this a few times

8. Random Ninja

Random Ninja DIS Veteran

If you plan on eating 2 TS meals each day, then the DxDP would probably be a good choice. I like to do this option on long weekend trips. I get in Friday around lunch and have a late dinner. On Saturday, I eat breakfast around 10:30/11 and an early dinner aound 5/6 and a snack if I get hungry later. I try to do a prepark opening breakfast on Sunday and a late lunch around 2 before I have to drive back home. Most of my snack credits I use for snacks to take home with me.

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

If you're staying 2 nights you receive credits based on 2 nights. There is no way to add extra credits unless you book an extra night.

10. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

As mentioned by pp the DxDP is a good option when arriving early then staying late your last day, we did that the last two trips and it worked out great