Can you bring your own bicycle to the resorts?

LiamsDISMom

Mouseketeer
Wondering if you can bring your own personal bicycle to Port Orleans French Quarter? Have a friend staying there that wants to bike over to us at Riverside. I know they have surrey rentals but wasn't sure what the policy on your own bike would be.

I don't see why not. But it's a short walk along the Sassagoula River Path so I wouldn't bother with hauling a bike to WDW unless you are staying at Ft. Wilderness - you would get alot of use out of it there.

I saw a family of 4 on our last trip to POFQ (Sept. 2014) that had their own bikes with them and they were riding the river trail/path. We actually thought it was a cool idea. Not sure how Disney felt about it but we saw them 2 times over the course of our trip. Here is a conversation I just had with someone on the WDW booking website.

Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route your chat to a Disney Cast Member who will help you with your question.

Welcome to Disney! My name is Sherri. How may I help you today?

you: I have an odd question.

Sherri: Hey there! Hi there! Ho there, Mouseketeer!

Sherri: My favorite! Ask away!

you: Are you allowed to bring your own bicycle with you to ride around the resorts? Say I'm staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Could I take my bicycle and ride the trail from the French Quarter to Riveside?

Sherri: Absolutely! You will need to secure your bikes in your room, though.

you: Thank you. That would not be a problem. :)

Last edited:

In 2011, I went on a business trip to Disney. We stayed and had meetings at the Dolphin, though took various trips off property to visit stores and distributions centers.

I was riding back in a car, from a DC, with my new boss. We passed some cyclists as we approached the Dolphin. I said "What kind of crazy people would bring their bikes on vacation?" His answer "Me and my wife." Ooopps!

I have taken a bike when staying at WL or FW. I haven't brought it to the other resorts though.

You can't ride bikes on Disney roads except inside the resorts. So you can't do long trips.

It appears that bicycles can be operated on any road that's not [designed as] a limited access highway and which doesn't have signage prohibiting bikes http://flbikelaw.org/2014/12/no-bicycles-signs/

This is true, but the roads at WDW are not cyclist friendly. The resorts, especially Fort Wilderness, would be a nice place to ride. If you're traveling in Florida to places other than WDW, here are some trails: http://www.traillink.com/stateactivity/fl-bike-trails.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter