Can you book too many character meals????

3kidsdisney

We are going to Disney in 18 days-3 kids ages 5-3-3 and 4 adults. I have booked 4 character meals for the kids as well as some of the adults--what do you think????--First--Day 1 1900 Park Fare-cinderella's Gala feast, Day 2 Crystal Palace for breakfast, Day 3 Chef Mickey for breakfast, Day 4 Ice Cream social. Do you think that is too much for the kids??? Anyone. not enjoy these meals with kids---I don't care so much about the food but want the kids to see all the characters and they are at an age that they like them all--any suggestions are very welcomed, thanks Ann

I guess it depends on the family and what you're looking for in a WDW vacation, but we love the character meals and I don't think we could ever have too many! It's the best way to get character interaction without having to wait in long lines. And the atmosphere is really a lot of fun for everyone.

The only drawbacks I see to character meals, and the reasons we don't do more than we do, is the time and the expense. Like all sitdown meals, character meals take time away from park touring. And, also like all sitdown meals, character meals are more expensive than just grabbing a quick bite at a counter service.

We've done three character meals in five days before, and I would've been very comfortable having even more! Especially with the ages of your children, I think you'll really enjoy the character meals! :D

I dont think its to many, sounds great to me. If your family enjoys them then go for it. We are going to do atleast 3 on our next trip.

I've got one planned for every day of our trip, except maybe one that I'll leave out. Haven't done one before at all, so I don't know if this is good or not......

Steph

We do a lot of character meals. We have three little ones, 2 dds (5 and 6) and ds (3). This way they all get to see their favorite characters, most meals are buffets (which is helpful because kids get to pick what they want and don't have to wait to be served), and our kids just love it. It also helps that they're not frantically looking for characters in the parks because they've already met them and can enjoy the attractions more. We book more than most people, but we're never sorry we did.

I enjoy the character meals and the kids do too. I think it is a great idea because you have some great variety where you will see a lot of different characters.

I have 2 planned for our next trip and would do more but we are going to be there for 9 nights it is just to costly to do so.

The only disadvantage (as I see it) is that the breakfasts take up valuable morning park time. The parks are less crowded when they first open and it is cooler in the (summer) mornings. I try to only do character breakfast on a non-park day.

The ice cream social sounds like fun.. we haven't done that yet.

The one thing I really liked about our character breakfast PS's in the parks was on non EMH days we schedule our PS's for 8 am. We are done eating by the time the parks open, and we don't have to wait in line to get in.:teeth:

I was just looking at my PS's for character meals and wondered if we had too many also. I think we enjoy the breakfast PS's best. So far I have Crystal Palace, PSB, Donald's & CRT (all for breakfast). I have Chef Mickey's for dinner, but I read some negative reviews for dinner. I'm not sure if $100+ is worth it for us.

BTW, I think your character PS's look great.

zippehsmom:D

I believe that you can never have to many character meals - we love them.

When we go in Sept. we are doing:
The Crystal Palace
CRT
LTT
Garden Grill
Chef Mickeys
and maybe 'Ohanas for breakfast

As you can see.....we don't hold back from character meals. Our DD loves them, and making her happy is what the trip is all about.

Thanks so much for all the input--I am so excited and hope that my kids will love it--right now, they love all the characters and I don't want to miss anything---thanks again--I will have to write my reviews when we return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter