Can you ask for connecting staterooms?

love__goofy

Mouseketeer
I just booked a cruise and my DH, parents, and 4 kids will be going. Our stateroom numbers assigned are not connecting. Is it possible if I call, that they will change us?

Thanks

I just booked a cruise and my DH, parents, and 4 kids will be going. Our stateroom numbers assigned are not connecting. Is it possible if I call, that they will change us?

Thanks

If you booked it yourself you can change it online. If you used a TA just call or email them and they can take care of it for you. This is of course assuming there are connecting staterooms available in your category.

Thanks

Did you book a GTY? Or a last-minute restricted fare *GT?

If a regular GTY, you can call DCL (or your TA can, if you used one) and see if you can get connecting rooms. I will point out that connecting rooms go pretty quickly, so, if you booked a cruise not too far out, there may not be any.

With the *GTs, you have no say in what you get.

:cutie:

You didn't provide much detail about your situation so...

They will change your stateroom assignment if:
-there are connecting staterooms in your room category available
-the connecting staterooms available accommodate the number of people booked in each stateroom (ie you have 4 booked in a room and the connecting stateroom only sleeps 3)
-the lifeboat station where the connecting cabins are still have availability
-you haven't booked a guarantee rate (where you have given permission to let DCL put you in any cabin in that room category or higher -- you really don't have a say in where your assignment is)

Are you sure you want connecting?:lmao: Just kidding.
Did you book directly with DCL? Sure call them. When do you sail? Did you book using the restricted *GT rates? If there is space available in the same categories booked I don't why not unless you sail soon and the lifeboats are full. I also assume both cabins are the same category.

OK that was an interrogation, not an answer on my part.

Actually, regular GTY also means that you have to take what DCL gives you. If you book two rooms that are GTY you could actually be assigned rooms on two different decks. This hasn't been reported in a while here, but it could happen.

I will tag on since i was going to post a question about connecting rooms also. Thinking ahead to booking a 2014 cruise, i was wondering do the ships have connecting rooms in every category? Are they located in only certain areas of the ship? Specifically wondering about the classic ships. Are connecting rooms more expensive than booking two rooms in the same category if they were just next door without connecting? Thanks!

I like these deck plans. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Disney Magic

If you look close you can see the connecting room icon. There are less connecting rooms on Magic class. Generally they connect within the same categories except the suites do connect to some of their neighbors.
Same price just harder to get. No discounts, meaning you will have to pay up early to get the connecting cabins on the older ships. But then again with them releasing *GT rates prior to PIF ...:idea:

Actually, there is no restriction that you can't use discounts on connecting cabins if they are available. If you book a *GT or GTY, you are agreeing to take whatever you are assigned, but even then you can add a "request" to the reservation asking for connecting rooms if possible.

If you did an onboard booking (10% discount), you can select connecting rooms. If you do a KSF, you can book connecting rooms--as always, if available.

As above though, connecting cabins do go fast, so get them asap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter