Can you add a person for a portion of the stay?

sandymandr

DIS Veteran
Good morning everyone! I'll be there for training and my sis wants to come stay with me one night, just to visit. No parks, just visit. Can I add her to my room for just that night? I am the only one in the room otherwise.

Good morning everyone! I'll be there for training and my sis wants to come stay with me one night, just to visit. No parks, just visit. Can I add her to my room for just that night? I am the only one in the room otherwise.

Sure.

Liz

We had friends visiting so we went to the check-in desk, gave them their names, and they printed keys for them. No prob!

I wouldn't even mention it unless he want's her own key.

There is no difference in price for 1 adult vs. 2 adults. I had a friend join me for part of my solo vacation just recently. I added him to the room so he could have a KTTW card for EMH hours. If your sister doesn't want to do that, and doesn't need a separate key to get in the room, you shouldn't even have to tell them. If she wants a KTTW card, just add her at the front desk.

Great question and one that I was going to ask but with a little twist. We are a family of 4 (3A 1C) who will be staying at CSR and there is a possibility of having a 2nd child staying with us for a few days. Would I still be able to go to the front desk and get a KTTW card for the child even if we already have 4 in the room as the child would make 5 in a room for 4?

Thoughts?

I have a related question. My friend and I were thinking of going down in May. I have an annual pass and she has never been. Is it possible for her to book a package and for me to just join her in the room? or is this not allowed. Also, would I need a KTTW card or does my annual pass work for EMH? Thanks

Great question and one that I was going to ask but with a little twist. We are a family of 4 (3A 1C) who will be staying at CSR and there is a possibility of having a 2nd child staying with us for a few days. Would I still be able to go to the front desk and get a KTTW card for the child even if we already have 4 in the room as the child would make 5 in a room for 4?

Thoughts?

There shouldn't be a limit on the number of children in the room. This is a trick we used to make an extra room key was add a child to the reservation. You shouldn't have any problem with that.

To the OP. You can have them add your friend to your res, make a key for her and leave it at the front desk so when she arrives she can just get it from there. Have them make a note on the res that the key is waiting for her, then you don't have to go down there with her.

Hi Sandymandr :wave2: good to see someone from a few miles up the street:thumbsup2 You can add her to your reservation, and just have her stop in.

Does anyone know if you can do this if you are booked as a package? Our family is booked with Park Hoppers and Dining Plan, but my MIL will be getting off of a cruise about 1/2 way through our vacation and I was going to offer for her to stay with us a couple of days before she heads home. She would probably need a key.

Does anyone know if you can do this if you are booked as a package? Our family is booked with Park Hoppers and Dining Plan, but my MIL will be getting off of a cruise about 1/2 way through our vacation and I was going to offer for her to stay with us a couple of days before she heads home. She would probably need a key.

This won't be a problem, but you'll just have to add another person to the Dining Plan for the whole week. We are going to do this in February for my mom. You'll have extra meals, but it will give you more flexibility. Your MIL will get a key. Have fun!

There shouldn't be a limit on the number of children in the room. This is a trick we used to make an extra room key was add a child to the reservation. You shouldn't have any problem with that.

To the OP. You can have them add your friend to your res, make a key for her and leave it at the front desk so when she arrives she can just get it from there. Have them make a note on the res that the key is waiting for her, then you don't have to go down there with her.

Great idea! Thanks! Also, Another poster wrote:
"This won't be a problem, but you'll just have to add another person to the Dining Plan for the whole week. "

So, will I need to add dining for her for the whole week for her to saty with me???

And hello Supersmartguy :goodvibes , where are you inMS? I'm in Brandon.

Another poster wrote:
"This won't be a problem, but you'll just have to add another person to the Dining Plan for the whole week. "

So, will I need to add dining for her for the whole week for her to saty with me???

Yes, the dining plan is for every person booked in the room for the entire stay, even if everyone isn't staying the whole trip. If you don't want/can't use the extra meals (we have teenage boys and find the extra meals helps us out), you could opt out of the dining plan. Of course, you could also plan a split stay with two reservations, but then you run the risk of having to change rooms. That would be more of a pain to me, in my opinion.

Either way, have a wonderful trip!

ok, thanks! I don't have dining on my second week (split say already), so I think I will cancel that ressie while there is still time without penalty and reserve a room only with 2 people. And have her change her time to visit. Then everyone is happy :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter