Can we still swim in October??

We are planning on swimming! I would assume that the pool is heated. We are staying at the GCH too!

Yes, the pool is heated and fairly warm.:cutie:
October is usually really nice during the day and pretty chilly at night. But you can never be sure. It can be cold, too. Obviously, the later in the month you are going, the more likely it is to be cooler. I am sure you will have a great trip either way!:thumbsup2

Will it still be warm during the day....is it jeans weather or shorts/capris weather??

We have been in Nov before and that is jeans weather during the day and sweatshirt/bundled up at night.

we are from AZ so wimpy with cold;) ;)

We come from Colorado now, but previously were in Northern CA. Usually short sleeves during the day and sometimes even shorts - but prepare for longer sleeves and pants - layers for evening and even sweat shirts or jackets.

And we do swim in October every year! It's a little chilly for us, but not bad.

It really depends, we were there last Oct third week and it was in the 90's during the day but chilly at night. Most likely you can swim, unless it is unusally cool.

Oh - and rain jackets. 2005 rained for us the whole time - but still not too cold. Last year was so hot it was unreal - we actually bought MORE short sleeves at World of Disney.

It's not unusual to have some very hot days in October. The temps fluxuate a bit, but you can count on some Indian summer sometime during the month but most of the month should be very pleasant. I would think that more than occassional rain would be unusual. You should definitely be able to swim.

Weather in October should be beautiful during the day and cool at night. Do prepare for possible rain though, because it can happen!

Melissa

We were there the first week in Oct 2005 and the weather was warm and beautiful. It was a family reunion of sorts and every 2 pm we'd meet at the pool for margaritas and swimming. We all had a great time.

I know it was a while ago, but in October of '97 when we went there, it was miserably hot. We're from Hawaii so we're used to humid, tropical weather, averaging around the 80's. (We do get into the 90's here too, but I for one don't like it too much;) ) IMO, it was hot during the day.
We wore shorts and light tank tops everyday. :beach: We did swim at night. This was Pre GCH, so I don't know what that hotel pool is like. :-)wave2: Sorry, just thought I'd jump in to tell you my opinion of the weather in October.) It was hot, the Santa Ana winds were blowing (so we were told) and :firefight there was a huge fire burning in the mountains nearby -- you could see the orange glow and smoke in our pictures we took at Toontown. It was hot that year.
:tinker: I would suggest checking the weather report before you go and get the 10 day forecast.

October can be unpredictable. We were there last year the first week in Oct. and the weather was great. Warm, but not hot, during the day (we were wearing tank tops/tshirts and shorts but you could wear pants too) and then it cooled down at night (sweatshirt/pants weather). But it is possible to have rain and cooler temps (especially later in the month) or it could be really warm! You just never know! But if the pool is heated I'm sure it'll be warm enough to go for a swim!

We have for the most part had good luck with fall trips. Nice warm days and cool evenings. We always swim no matter the weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter