can we still add celebrations on adrs on new site?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Kidgoingon40, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Kidgoingon40

Kidgoingon40 Mouseketeer

Hi, I was hoping to add a birthday celebration to my adrs on the new site, but I can't find where to do it. Is this still an option? If so, how do I do it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. princess124

princess124 Mouseketeer

No, I was not able to add celebrations. I had to call Dining anyway so the CM was able to add them for me. HTH!

4. Kidgoingon40

Kidgoingon40 Mouseketeer

I wonder why we no longer have that option?how annoying. :( thanks for the info!

5. cherjp

cherjp I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply

Hi I found it yesterday once you have confirmed your reservation the screen moves to the next page , then about half way down that page in the tiniest writing it says do you want to add a celebration that is where it is, But If you blink you will miss it !

6. princess124

princess124 Mouseketeer

Thanks for this! I'll look for it next time. :)

7. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Has anyone managed to add a celebration to an existing reservation without calling?

8. ladyknight1

ladyknight1 Earning My Ears

I was able to add one when making the reservation, but I would call the dining call center to add one.

9. EmilyJ517

EmilyJ517 Mouseketeer

Has anyone tried just telling the hostess or server that there is a birthday/celebration? My DS will be wearing his birthday button, and really all they do is bring a cupcake, so will this work or do I have to call and add it to all of our ADRs??

I did add the celebration on the DVC resort-only reservation, but I don't know if that will really carry over to the dining since we're not on a plan or anything.

10. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Not to be a "Debbie Downer", but even if your DS wears a button and you note it on your ADR, there is no guarantee that the server will do anything. Things like cupcakes are considered "pixie dust" and may or may not happen. They only way to guarantee that you'll get something is to order (i.e., pay for) something specifically. Yes, you can tell the hostess and/or server if you wish. Again, they may do something or they may not.

11. EmilyJ517

EmilyJ517 Mouseketeer

Oh I know, I'm just wondering if the result is the same whether the celebration is "officially" added via phone, or is just mentioned to the server...I think I will call and add it to the meals on his birthday specifically.

We are at Chef Mickey's that night and I know they do something for all of the birthdays, so that should be good enough:)

12. MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan Mouseketeer

I see where you can add allergies but not celebrations.

I have made 2 ressies since seeing your post and have looked for it specifically and can't find it. :sad1:

13. KNovacovschi

KNovacovschi DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if the Canadian page is any different then the US but when I booked I was able to add a celebration. When you go on the reservation page(the one that shows confirmation #) to the right it says continue and when in there it asks to either create new celebration or add one. Hopefully this helps.

14. 3Leafs

3Leafs DIS Veteran

I just tried again and it must not be available to the US. :(

I was at DW in November for my anniversary and we did not add it to any of our reservations but most of the places we went to acknowledged it. it Either by a simple wish or a special dessert. We just wore our buttons!

15. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Hi KNovacovschi - Is the confirmation page you are seeing similar to this one (I deleted out the personal information)? This is what the "new" page looks like when I make an ADR.
    [​IMG]

16. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

I have not been able to add any celebrations :rolleyes1

17. meowmarie

meowmarie DIS Veteran

You darn Canadians, first you get Martin Short to do your country movie and now you're the only ones that can have celebrations?! Oh Canada, how you're a lifetime journey for the traveler. :laughing: