Can we rebook within 5 days of trip and not lose our deposit?

crusoe2

DIS Veteran
The title really says it all. We are scheduled to check in at Port Orleans French Quarter this Saturday. But my DH had a medical issue crop up yesterday and now we are not certain we will be able to go at this time. I booked room only and bought our park tickets from Undercover Tourist. My understanding is that I can simply change the dates on the tickets and pay any difference in cost on those. But for the resort room, can I change our trip dates on our existing reservation and not lose our room deposit now that we are within the 5 days before our expected arrival date? If not, we are prepared to deal with the loss of the money. I just want to look at all of our options before making a decision.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Yes, you can modify your resort dates with no penalty. Make sure you modify and not cancel.
Thank you! We are not giving up yet but that's good to know. I would assume we would need to modify before our check-in day so we will have to make a decision by tomorrow. But it's possible DH will be back on his feet by then.

Be sure to check theme park reservation availability. Pushing out the ticket dates doesn't carry the reservations forward.

You might try calling WDW to explain the situation and see how they can help. They have usually been very good about working with people in such situations.

Thank you! We are not giving up yet but that's good to know. I would assume we would need to modify before our check-in day so we will have to make a decision by tomorrow. But it's possible DH will be back on his feet by then.

I would definitely modify no later than the day before check-in. We had a medical issue on our day of check-in in April and it was quite a hassle to modify as we had checked in online days prior and were in "soft check-in" by the time I was able to get through to a CM. They were able to help me, but I was on hold for seven hours and it was very stressful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter