Can we get a shower after check out?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by anonymousegirl, Oct 30, 2012.

1. anonymousegirl

anonymousegirl DIS Veteran

Hi all,
    DH and I are flying home late on January 2. He is thinking of playing golf that day. We are staying at the Grand Floridian and the spa is closed for refurbishment. Is there anywhere he can get a shower after we have checked out?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You can use the resort amenities up until Midnight on check-out day. I am pretty sure there are showers/changing rooms near the beach pool.

4. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

Not sure about GF specifically, but a few years ago we stayed at OKW and after check out, we stayed around the pool and swam all day since we had a late flight out. We were able to shower in the bathrooms by the pool area. We just kept some shower supplies and a change of clothes with us in our carry-ons. I'd be willing to bet GF has showers in that area as well.

5. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

There are locker rooms over by the beach pool that are open. The ones at the central pool are closed. So as you come around the back of the main building towards the beach pool you'll see the new splash play zone on your left, then to the right (over towards the waterfall) you'll find the locker rooms. :) Have a fantastic vacation!!! :)

6. anonymousegirl

I read that the central pool might be open by then, but it's good to know that DH can shower either there or by the beach pool.
    I usually spend my last hours at WDW at Hollywood Studios riding TSMM as often as I can.

7. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

Silly me, I didn't even look at your dates! :)

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

If he is playing at one of the Disney courses, there are showers in the locker rooms there. Not sure about towels / soap.

9. anonymousegirl

Hi Jeff! We met at the rainy Swolphin Food and Wine 2011. DH will be playing one of the Disney courses. Good to know abou the lockers rooms at the links. I can call and find out about the towels. Depending on the weather, Trevor may want to rinse off the perspiration or the mud!