Can we cancel 1 part of holiday??

wedreamofdisney

Mouseketeer
I phoned Thomas Cook to book 3 weeks flights - 1 week accomodation - 21 day Park Tickets. The lady that we spoke to said it would have to booked seperately.
The Tickets and accomodation are booked with Disney
Flights with Virgin Atlantic

We have decided to cancel the Disney week, so have rang and whoever we spoke to has said we can't cancel the 1 week with Disney as its a package deal, but she is going to ring and check.

I didn't think it would be a problem, has anyone an idea of what to do now??

It may well be that Disney count accomodation and tickets together as a 'package'.
You may have to cancel the tickets as well as the accomodation :)

:goodvibes

It may well be that Disney count accomodation and tickets together as a 'package'.
You may have to cancel the tickets as well as the accomodation :)

:goodvibes
Thanks Luke, I'm not too bothered about the tickets I just don't want to loose the flights! :confused3

If it is all done seperate then you can cancel the disney week but as luke says you would have to cancel the tickets as well.Did you pay a deposit for the disney accomodation? If so you may loose this.Im not sure how it works going through a TA with disney.I know with booking disney direct and you cancel you would loose the deposit or have the chance to move the vacation,but they would charge you an amendment fee of £25 per change.I changed our dates recently due to high flight prices with VA and because I changed the date and the amount of days they charged me £50 amendment fee. Still worked out better though as flights were approx £300 cheaper.
Good luck and I am sure someone else can advise you.

Well...just to update..

I spoke to Liz who is dealing with our enquiry and she said that we would have to cancel the whole Holiday as that would mean that we are having a flight only package, which they don't do! If we cancelled then we would lose our £600 deposit.

I asked if we could cancel the disney week and change it for the cheapest possible accomodation they could find as we won't be using it, she rang back to say after charges it would leave us £65 better off.

Needless to say we are keeping the Disney accomodation, but we are not going to use it!

So all in all........bummer :sad2:

Hey ho!! Nevermind we are still going to the magic:wizard:

Well...just to update..

I spoke to Liz who is dealing with our enquiry and she said that we would have to cancel the whole Holiday as that would mean that we are having a flight only package, which they don't do! If we cancelled then we would lose our £600 deposit.

I asked if we could cancel the disney week and change it for the cheapest possible accomodation they could find as we won't be using it, she rang back to say after charges it would leave us £65 better off.

Needless to say we are keeping the Disney accomodation, but we are not going to use it!

So all in all........bummer :sad2:

Hey ho!! Nevermind we are still going to the magic:wizard:

I know you can't cancel without forfeit, but with a package, you should be able to change. Can you not change accommodation to something else? £600 is a lot to lose. How much was the Disney week compared to the deposit?

The Disney week was £800 - the deposit was £600 and after the amendment fees which is £35 each.......:scared1:

I may as well keep the disney week and keep 1 weeks free parking and QSPD

Can't think of a way round it:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter