Can we bring our own toilet paper?

lbgraves said:
Yes, since we will be cruising with Oregonians I will have to remember that. ;) :)

Now ya'll are getting the wrong impression of Oregonians. We do have and use all the modern conveniences. :confused3 Just stating that in a pinch we can make do and will not be packing an extra suitcase filled with toilet paper to haul across the country. :teeth:

The DCL stuff is fine for us. On another note.... Haven't you ever heard that Charmin gives some women bladder infections? My sister's doctor told her that!! Could be an old wives tale though. Just a tad of info to add to this weird thread. It's so funny to read everyone's responses!

wow that was such a great question,
here are some options ok if you want to bring your own tp but you do not want to clog the system you can do this-ok now we are all adults so this is not to gross anyone out but i will retreat to pre school for a min,
if you do number 1 there are these scented bags you can get from the store these are bags women normally use to dispose of their monthly-you know-ok anyway they are scented and you can tie them they are called diaper disposal bags but if you number 1 with your own tissue you can put the tissue in there and tie the bag and place it in the garbage or have a private palstic garbage bag to thorw them away, i am not sure if your situation is this extreme, i am trying to help, i have no suggestions on the other number (2) i would use the tissue in the cabin for that.
hope this did not make anyone uncomfortable.
I have never felt this weird typing a response on these boards before :rotfl:

Here's a trick that I learned...I mean, that somebody was telling me about...

If one were to, say, take some of the tp on the ship and put it into the bowl as a streamer down from the roll, and then one were to, say, flush said terlet, the suction force of the whoosh system will suck the tp down and spin the remaining roll like a nervous hummingbird on crystal meth.

It's actually quite entertaining. Theoretically, I mean.

(In truth, we actually got told about this one by a CM at the huge-big Disney store at DTD as we were checking out.)

It's a world of curry
A world of beers
It's a world of hot wings
And a few more beers
I do not want to share
So you won't be aware
I need two-ply after all

There is just my moon
So I've got to run
And a grimace means
"Uh-oh" to ev'ryone
Though the bathrooms divide
And the staterooms are wide
I brought air-spray after all

I need two-ply after all
I need two-ply after all
I need two-ply after all
I need one, two ply...

Very cute...took me a bit but then I got the Small World After All tune going!!!

Wow...lately it seems folks really want to bring along their own stuff...like:

TP
Ketchup
Artificial Sweetner
Peanut Butter
Coffee (& Coffee Maker)
Steak Sauce

what am I forgetting??? I guess folks have a fondness for certain comfort items but I figure I am on vacation and the less stuff I need to cart around with me the better. I am glad I have no real allegiance to certain brands of stuff (well I do at home but not on vacation...I feel I can survive for a week with whatever DCL provides)

jlowejd5 said:
It's a world of curry
A world of beers
It's a world of hot wings
And a few more beers
I do not want to share
So you won't be aware
I need two-ply after all

There is just my moon
So I've got to run
And a grimace means
"Uh-oh" to ev'ryone
Though the bathrooms divide
And the staterooms are wide
I brought air-spray after all

I need two-ply after all
I need two-ply after all
I need two-ply after all
I need one, two ply...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:cool1: REMEMBER....YOU CAN ALWAYS ORDER UNCRUSTABLES FROM ROOM SERVICE 24/7 AND HAVE A SUPER SOFT (YET ABSORBANT) SURFACE FOR WHICH TO WIPE YOUR TUSHIE! :cool1: :rotfl2: :cool1: :rotfl2:

:flower: DIS NURSE FROM OREGON :flower:

Never thought of packing tp but I will not be telling DH. He would definately have me pack some. He is VERY picky about this.

I always used to think someone packing TP was completely anal (oh, bad choice of words there), but after spending less than a week at OKW with a friend last June, she and I both agreed we would be tempted next trip. We were both mighty uncomfortable by the time we headed home!

But the TP on DCL seemed better to me than what was at WDW.

ROFLMAO!!! I can't believe this thread is still going. Thanks for the laugh today!

Sorry to keep this post going, but I've seen the results on the Magic when something non degradable goes in the toilet ( luckily not on my floor).
It can back up a whole section of toilets. And the little air freshner you brought ain't gonna help, not to mention you and those on your line who won't have the use of the toilet until they hose it out which also isn't a pretty sight.
I wouldn't rely on a Disney telephone operator to have a Clue. Don't put anything in a marine toilet but degradable paper. please.

Loved the song! Would love to see the dance that goes with it!

BigAl said:
Sorry to keep this post going, but I've seen the results on the Magic when something non degradable goes in the toilet ( luckily not on my floor).
It can back up a whole section of toilets. And the little air freshner you brought ain't gonna help, not to mention you and those on your line who won't have the use of the toilet until they hose it out which also isn't a pretty sight.
I wouldn't rely on a Disney telephone operator to have a Clue. Don't put anything in a marine toilet but degradable paper. please.

This has been a fun thread. But seriously, I agree with this post. Your tush vs. a whole ship of people not being able to flush. Our toilet also did not function for a bit one cruise and we were told it was because someone in another cabin had put something in there that should not have been. Please be kind to us. :bitelip:

I've had the clogged 'terlet' problem on 3 of my 4 cruises, I thought it was a ship thing... now I know what causes that, and I really hope it won't happen again!

I commend the song-writer and hope that next time I go on 'Small World' I don't fall out of the boat laughing! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

he he he, :teeth:

Renae

Actually , it's not the toilet paper that causes the problem. According to my last room steward, it's the "feminine products" that are flushed. There's a little paper bag under the sink that's supposed to be used instead.

Charmin will do the exact same thing as the feminine products. Charmin style tissue is known for clogging low flush toilets. It just does not dissolve fast. We had to replace an entire ceiling because of a clogged low flush toilet and the clog was because of Charmin. Kids just use a lot of paper. (The toilets on cruise ships are considered low flush style.)

There is a marine/RV grade toilet tissue that is 2 ply that will work but it cost a lot more money than the Charmin style of tissue. Please buy that if you insist on bringing your own. This tissue is soft and it dissolves fast. Your fellow cruisers will appreciate that you do not cause the system to go down.
This tissue can be bought at Walmart, West Marine stores and probably any RV supply house.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!