Can we bring our own toilet paper?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Red71, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Red71

Red71 Mouseketeer

Oh wow I'm so embarrassed to ask this question, but we really want to know.

Can we bring our own fluffy soft T.P. so we don't have to use the single ply tin rough T.P on board? :blush: We don't want to clug up the plumbing :blush: An before anyone asks , Yes we do bring our own T.P. when we go to the resorts at WDW, or any other vacation.:blush:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bratray

bratray <font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co

they probably use special TP for the septic system- but who knows? :confused3
    first time i have ever seen this question posted....
    no offense intended but thanks i really needed a laugh today:rotfl:

4. joanb

joanb DIS Board Addict

We bought TP in Key West as the kids counldn't take the rough stuff any longer- and they asked the past couple of days if we were going to pack our own for next month.

5. pppiglet

pppiglet DIS Cast Member<br><font color=deeppink>Don't like

Oh great! Something else to pack. Is the stuff on board really that bad?

6. Hopkins

Hopkins DIS Veteran

I believe it's the same toilet paper as in the Disney resorts. It seems the same. Similar to Scotts.

Does anyone like the flushable toilet paper wipes?

Tina :)
    Mexican Riviera 5/28/05

7. Jiffymom

Jiffymom Mouseketeer

you must be kidding.

8. ChrisnSteph

ChrisnSteph <font color=purple>Ask me about Ben Franklin's bat

Wow. I don't even know what to say....I suppose you could bring your own? But if everyone did that on the ship I could only imagine what septic problems they would have.

9. aprilgail2

aprilgail2 Guest

We bring the flushable wet butt wipes when we go on vacations.

10. tecdavidt

tecdavidt <font color=00cc00>Ready to leave the frosty Midwe

I would check with DCL on this one. Marine toilets are picky systems. I know if anything plugs up the system it can go down and it won't just be one stateroom. That is why there is a warning sign above the toilets. Our system on our boat is a Vacuflush style by Sealand and we have a special paper we have to use. It doesn't clog the system. I can only imagine what a soft Charmin style tissue would do to the system, toilets would get plugged because Charmin tissue does not dissolve fast. Kathy

11. alexandrew

alexandrew <font color=purple>Keep posting, you'll catch up!<

In lurking on this board for 4 years, I can definitely write with confidence that your question was the one and only on this topic..... :hourglass

12. alwayslisad

alwayslisad DIS Veteran

Well actually I thought this was a very good question. For my family, I pack our Wipes/Soap and even our Pillows and many other things. My DH and DD are picky when it comes to certain things - Toilet paper is one of them.

:rolleyes1 ;)

13. dzneprincess

dzneprincess This page intentionally left blank

That reminds me, on our recent 11/27/04 cruise there was one morning that the toilets would not flush for about an hour. I wonder if the problem was something simliar? I totally forgot about it until reading this thread.

14. DIS NURSE

DIS NURSE DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: TOO FUNNY YOU PEOPLE! Maybe it's because we are "outdoors", Oregon mountain folks.....but we would wipe with tree leaves if that's what they offered on the Disney Cruise....no questions asked! We are just so darn excited to go.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

I know....how about we find a good use for those yummy "Uncrustables" they serve as PB & J's and all use those to wipe with? THEY HAVE GOT TO BE SUPER SOFT! And, surely they willl degrade in the sewer system....heck! They go through people's bodies don't they? :cool1: :cool1:

DIS NUSRE from Oregon :earsgirl:

15. CamColt

CamColt <font color=magenta>Only thinks she’s not losing i

Were you in port that day?
    We had that happen on our last cruise, the toilets wouldnt work one morning(of course right after DH used it :rolleyes: ). We embarrasingly asked about it thinking just ours was clogged and we were told that sometimes while in port the toilets stop working. By the time we got back on board after our day at CC, it was all clear. ;)

16. jordgubben

jordgubben <font color=red>Has a Buzz Lightyear shoot-off wit

17. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

I'm with DIS Nurse, we Oregonians can make do with a handful of leaves just fine. :banana: :rotfl2:

18. cmaasfamily

cmaasfamily Earning My Ears

Note to self: Wash hands after meeting Oregonians. ;) :rotfl2:

19. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Yes, since we will be cruising with Oregonians I will have to remember that. ;) :)

20. dzneprincess

dzneprincess This page intentionally left blank

I cant remember now! LOL But it was the same for us. One of the kids had just used theirs ( they were across the hall) they told me it didnt work so I tried mine also.

21. Careycrew

Careycrew Earning My Ears

Our DF is trying to cut costs and save room in the luggage whenever we can so I guess we'll make do TP leaves or whatever we get in the room. No fancy TP or butt wipes for this crew.

:rotfl2: :confused3 :rotfl2: