Can visitors visit guests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planning fanatic mom

DIS Veteran
OK, here is the question. I have a friend that I am helping plan her trip to WDW in early Dec. She and some of her family are staying at the Contemporary Resort. Another group of family members are staying in a time share off site. SO, can the off site family visit the family staying at the Contemporary? If so, can they then use the bus system with the family staying on site???

When my friend asked, I told her she should go to the DIS boards and ask. She did not want to learn about it. I am shocked. :scared1: WHo could not want to learn about this amazing thing as the DIS boards?:confused3

We would appreciate any help that you can give us.

Thanks,

Well they can visit thr resort your friend is staying at but should not use any of the ammenities such as the pool etc. As for the bus thing I think think only give you a 2 hour pass to park so I'm not sure about that. I am sure someone will be along to correct me if I am wrong.:goodvibes

Yes they can visitors. If the Disney resort guest doesn't have a car you can always go to the front desk and get a parking pass and leave it in the car. The visitors can use the bus system. Anyone can actually, it's part of the perk of the ticket.

We did this with my DBIL in April. He came to visit us at the GF. We ask the front desk before he arrived and they gave him a pass for his car for that day. So we were able to go park hopping the whole day without him worrying about his car.:thumbsup2

Disney likes off-site folks to visit their resorts, because it makes them more likely to stay on-site next time.

But as Kat3668 said, non-paying Guests cannot use pools, hot tubs, laundry facilities, or fitness centers. They can use food courts and restaurants, and shop the shops, as much as they want.

Skipperkim is also correct - non-paying Guests are only given a 3-hour parking pass when they visit a WDW resort (to prevent off-site people from filling up the lots and taking the busses to the parks, skipping out on the $12 daily parking fees). But if a paying Guest has no car, they can give their parking pass to an off-site friend for the day.

Disney likes off-site folks to visit their resorts, because it makes them more likely to stay on-site next time.

But as Kat3668 said, non-paying Guests cannot use pools, hot tubs, laundry facilities, or fitness centers. They can use food courts and restaurants, and shop the shops, as much as they want.

Skipperkim is also correct - non-paying Guests are only given a 3-hour parking pass when they visit a WDW resort (to prevent off-site people from filling up the lots and taking the busses to the parks, skipping out on the $12 daily parking fees). But if a paying Guest has no car, they can give their parking pass to an off-site friend for the day.

Oh, that's why they asked us if we had a car and we told them no as we always have a transfer to and from the resort. So they gave my DBIL a pass for the whole day. Sorry if my post was misleading regarding parking.

OK, I'm going to get in trouble for saying this but...if they are visting resort guests, then the resort guests will have room keys, plus there will be a room available for their guests to freshen up and change clothes after swimming. So, what I'm trying to get at is it is highly unlikely Disney will know these are not resort guests, if the entire party goes to the pool (with the exception of the Yacht & Beach club - stormalong bay - there they do check everyone). So I'm just saying, its more likely than not that the guests (and their friends staying at the resort) will be the only ones who know they are not supposed to be there. Do with that what you will. That's all I'm saying.

OK, I'm going to get in trouble for saying this but...if they are visting resort guests, then the resort guests will have room keys, plus there will be a room available for their guests to freshen up and change clothes after swimming. So, what I'm trying to get at is it is highly unlikely Disney will know these are not resort guests, if the entire party goes to the pool (with the exception of the Yacht & Beach club - stormalong bay - there they do check everyone). So I'm just saying, its more likely than not that the guests (and their friends staying at the resort) will be the only ones who know they are not supposed to be there. Do with that what you will. That's all I'm saying.

I completely agree. There are some people who will do this but not us. I am not a rule breaker. When I was a lot younger :scared1: yes, but now no. Setting a good example for our DS12 is more important to us.

Like I said, not advocating anything, just providing the info...

IMHO, telling people how to cheat, then saying, "I'm not advocating cheating" is the same as telling them to cheat. Not making an accusation, there, just stating an opinion. Do with it what you will.

Well, I didn't really need to say how to cheat, everyone knows how to cheat, just show up where you don't belong. Easy. All I did was state the fact that Disney likely won't check or really care, especially if there are paying guests with them. The only time I ever saw guests get carded (again outside of stormalong bay) was at the Poly pool, on NYE, in 2002. I remember this because they spent the rest of their pool visit complaining that they spent $XXX on a room there and were treated like suspects. (They were sitting next to me and complaining loudly.) I remember this because from hearing them, it appeared they spent a lot more on their Poly room than I did on my Poly room. I remember being proud of myself for good use of an AP rate code, lol. :rotfl:

Anyway, I really wasn't trying to stir up controversy (I promise) I was just trying to provide the OP with some comfort that it really wasn't that big of a deal (outside of the DIS of course). :goodvibes I wasn't trying to get into a moral discussion on the use of resort amenities. I was merely speaking from personal observation on the liklihood of enforcement, in case this info was relevant to the OP's needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter