Can this be true or should I call back?

mprice823

Earning My Ears
I have called reservations a few times in the past couple of weeks to check pricing. We are planning on going in April, but were having problems nailing down our time. We finally made a decision yesterday so I called today to make our final reservations. I was told that POFQ is not available. OK, I called last week and it was, but I guess I waited too long and it booked up. Anyway, she checks and tells me that these are my only options:

Pop Century
All Star Sports
Coronado Springs (King)
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Contemporary

Can it be that in the past week there has been a run on the week of April 6? Last week I check Wilderness Lodge, CBR, POFQ and POR and they were all available.

Should we now consider that the park will be super crowded that week and switch our times?

Apparently so. I just did a search online for the 6-12 online with just 2 adults and it said it was unavaliable. I would call back and make a temporary reservation with one of those options the CM told you so you can at least have that option. Sorry, I'm no help.

It's extremely possible that all that happened is, ONE of the nights is not available at the other resorts you list - not even necessarily the same night at each. It doesn't mean there was a run on the entire week, or that the parks will be super-crowded.

I tried to get 2 nights at POFQ for Apr. 3 and 4th, no luck. They said POFQ was booked solid. I ended up going with POR.

Could be the sold blocks to wholesalers as well. Check large travel companies? It is also spring break.

I have been on-line looking at availability only to have an hour later the availability gone. So I could certainly see if days have passed, let alone hours.
Your best bet is to keep checking and if you see something open up for what you want, grab it! That's what I had to do.

It is coming off of spring break time, so it may be pretty busy. And if one date isn't available they show the whoile thing not available. Plus this is getting late in the booking game. I have booked with in 40 days of a trip and was lucky to get what I wanted, but some people book much earlier. But I see this happen all the time.

That is our spring break week here in georgia and a lot of people here in Augusta go to disney to escape the Masters Golf Tournament Traffic. If you can find somewhere you want to stay, book it quick, and be prepared for crowds, we went last year and it was really busy. Have fun!

That's our Spring Break up here. We made our reservations and got 3 rooms at POFQ in late September. One of our group wasn't sure how many nights they were staying and when I talked to the CM, she said to reserve for the maximum number of nights they might need stretching over both the beginning and ending dates. She said we could always delete nights, but it would be getting more and more difficult to add nights. I sure am glad I took her advice!

Good luck getting something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter