Can this be done....bus system

amymarie78

Earning My Ears
So we are heading to the world in Jan.. yeah just found out. Here is the interesting part, my hubby will be attending a conference for several of those days at the swan/dolphin. Will it be possible for him to get around without a rental car. We plan on staying at one of the All star resorts... so can he travel by bus from there to one of the parks or the TTC, and then onto the swan/dolphin and how long do you think it would take him? He needs to be there by 8 every morning.... so I'm not sure this is possible or not.

And would it be cheaper to take a taxi in the morning and work his way back by bus... the rental cars are just so expensive....and we would like to avoid that.

taking a cab would be the quickest in the am - in the pm he could go to DTD from the SWAN/Dolphin and transfer to the Allstars from there. The bus to DTD does not run early enough for the AM transfer (as far as I remember)

Another option at the end of the day would be to day the boat or walk to Hollywood Studios and then get the bus from there.

I took the bus from Dolphin to DTD once, only once and never again. We stopped at Yacht Club, Beach Club, BoardWalk and Typhoon Lagoon before finally arriving at DTD. Rent a car or take a taxi both ways. It's so much easier.

It will be almost impossible in the morning. The best way to do it, using Disney transportation, would be to take the early morning bus to DHS...in order to be at the S/D for 8, he should plan on being at the DHS bus stop no later than 7am....he could find himself waiting for up to 20+ mins though. Then, once he gets to DHS, he could walk to the S/D..takes about 20 mins, along the canal on a very nice sidewalk. The boats won't be running that early, unless it's an EMH at DHS.
Otherwise, it would probably work best if he took a cab in the morning. Then, he could take a bus to a park, from the S/D, and join the rest of you.
No resort buses go to the TTC, so that isn't going to work for him. I would imagine that a cab would run about $10-12, plus tip, each morning. The AllStars are a fair distance from the S/D. A cab ride from the YC (right next to the S/D) to Pop was $10, including tip...and it is about an 8 min ride...so plan accordingly.
Are you set on the AllStars?? If not, Pop and AoA are both fairly close to the S/D..with similar rates. The cost, and time, would be much less.

Double check Swolfin for rates. That's low season, and you might find them comparable to AS. Also, see if the conference rates have expired yet.

I agree with the others, it will be an involved and unpredictable process to use Disney transportation in the A.M. Factor in a cab at least one way (if not both) in the A.M. when deciding where to stay.

Looks like a cab in the morning for sure, which will still be tons cheaper than a rental car that will just sit all day then. And in the evening he can bus it to where ever so we can have dinner together. Thanks so much for the quick and thorough responses.

Agree with the others that a cab will be the best choice in the morning.

If, for some reason, your hubby needs to take a cab from the Swolphin he should be aware that a simple request for a cab at these hotels will result in him getting put in a town car instead, at a higher cost.

Here's a morning idea - every resort runs a character breakfast early bus, check to see if there's one to the Beach Club - there should be. Then you can walk from there to the Swolphin.

Yes, don't break down and use a rental car because you'll have to pay to park at the Swolphin too.

Coming home, take the boat to DHS and grab a bus back to the All-Stars.

Don't use a DTD bus unless forced to. It's a marathon.

A cab can't be much - I stayed at All Star Sports in September and had to drop off my rental car at the Dolphin - it was a VERY short drive!! I don't think it took more than 5 minutes to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter