test mobile ad location
  1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Can someone tell me about Making of the Dream or Art of the Theme Show Tour?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Partridge4ever, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Partridge4ever

Partridge4ever Mouseketeer

Anyone been to Making of the Dream or Art of the Theme Show Tour? I'm trying very hard this cruise to not over-schedule, but at the same time my 80+ year old mom will be with us and this sounds like it might interest her.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  3. Meghatron

Meghatron Mouseketeer

We did Art of the Theme on our honeymoon and it was fascinating. My in-laws did it this year on the WBPC and also thought it was great. The guide will go into great detail about how the ship was designed and decorated, and I found it enhanced my experience of and appreciation for the ship herself. The tour is also adults only, so it's a nice break from the kids. If she's okay with a lot of walking, I say go for it!

4. Partridge4ever

Partridge4ever Mouseketeer

Good point about the walking! She likes to take her time on stairs and she'd be mortified if she thought she was holding up the rest of the group.

5. Debbie

Debbie <font color=blue><marquee>DIScovering DIS magic</m

My mom (79) and I did the Fantasy Art of the Theme tour this past August. I have knee troubles sometimes, but no issues. I think at one point we had the choice of elevator or stairs, but it was down, so not an issue.
    We learned a lot, and if I were to cruise again, I'd take DH. Got to see inside Remy and Palo, too. :)

6. acourtwdw

acourtwdw Mouseketeer

I did it on the fall Hawaii cruise. We had the option of elevator or stairs. Due to issues with my back I chose the elevator. I didn't feel like anyone was waiting for me to catch up. BTW- Dave Smith, the gentleman that writes the books on Disney, did the tour with my group.