Can resort CMs help you do flight check in?

Mainebound

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We are staying at WL. Our trip begins next week. I have never checked in to MCO on our return flight form the hotel. We have used curbside check in and it seems pretty fast and easy.

Is there any advantage to checking in before we get to MCO, and, if so, can a WL CM help us with this?

We have done this on our last couple of trips. Once each at BWV and BCV and surprisingly even at PC. sometimes it depends on the CM you get, but most of them are fine with it as long as you have your confirmation with you. I dont think they are really supposed to do this, but they will anyway.

It really varies by CM. When I was at WL last August, they sent me over to the Contemporary's business center. They would not do it for me.

Duds

Mickey Maniac -- I grew up in RI! I don't see too may Little Rhody folks on the DIS.

How about my other question -- if you use curbside checkin, is there any REASON to check in in advance???

MaineBound,
It really depends on your airline. We always fly SWA, so we like to make sure we are in the "A" group, although with all of the pre-boards, it sometimes feels like we are in the "X" group... :earboy2:

I keep thinking that at some point they are going to have to start saying no.

If you do this, I would try to go when they are NOT busy. If there is a long line to check in/out it would be harder for the CM to take the time.

I am still not seeing any advantage mentioned in these replies (we are flying Delta), and if it is asking CMs to go above and beyond, I wouldn't want to bother them with it.

I fail to see the advantage if you are on an airline that assigns seats AND you are checking baggage.

the reason I say this is I used web self check in for my flight to Orlando a couple weeks ago, but I had bags to check. When I got to the airport, I was directed to scan my printout from web check in at the self-serve kisok at the airport. Took about the same amount of time as if I had just waited till I got to the airport and inserted my miles card.

However, it is worth noting that a component of Magical Express is that the resorts will be getting an airline check in desk. (So that they can take your bags and check you in at your resort)

CarolA said:
I keep thinking that at some point they are going to have to start saying no.

If you do this, I would try to go when they are NOT busy. If there is a long line to check in/out it would be harder for the CM to take the time.

I definately agree with CarolA, don't expect the CM to take the time when they have a huge line of people waiting to check in. I usually try to go either late at night, or in the middle of the day when I see no lines. I also always make sure to ask them if they would be willing to, not demanding that they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter