Can Parents go too?

DDreamer

Mouseketeer
On the Wonder can the parents come and participate in the activites with their kids in the Oceaneers Club? Like when they have dancing with Snow White, Nemo puppet show, etc...can we go too or is it just to drop the kids off at. I think the rest of us(myself, DH, DS(11) and DD (11)would enjoy that experience with our 4 year old too. I don't think my kids will be using the clubs that much because we would like to spend the time together, as a family, on this short cruise but I'm worried they would miss out on some really fun stuff if they don't go to the clubs. Thanks.

Sorry chick , i think you're too old for oceaneers / flounders, i haven't seen any posts where parents have been able to go otherwise the clubs would exceed their allowed numbers. However if you check out the navigators on www.castawayclub.com there are loads of things for 11 - adults to do too.

have a great cruise

We were able to drop by and check on our kids and to watch the activities from the sidelines - we only did this for a few minutes, though. I don't know what the reaction would be if we tried to stay for an extended period.

i thought i read somewhere that there's an hour a day specifically set aside for parents to come and enjoy the oceaneer's club or lab with their kids.

also, more likely i imagined this one, but i thought i read that parents could accompany their kids, at least initially, to help acclimate them.

i'll see if i can find specific literature from actual sources to back either of these up.

i'm curious myself because my daughter'll be almost 4 at the time of our cruise next year, and we hope she won't be too shy to participate in the club.

My Dd was afraid of Captain Hook on our 1st cruise so they paged us. When my dh went to get her they told him he could stay with her until Hook left. I don't think they encourage it but I have never been "stopped from being in the clubs.We have also gone in at various times to take pictures of the children doing various activities.

I just recently read (I'll have to see if I can find it, maybe it was in the Disney Cruise brochure) that there is an hour a day when the clubs are open for parents to go to the clubs with their kids. This is made to sound more for those under 3 or in diapers and stuff, but it is not limited to that.

It also stated that parents were welcome to participate with their children in the clubs at all times. I know that's what I read because I thought they didn't want the parents. However you may have an issue with bringing other kids in with the younger kids.

Okay I found it, it's on the disney cruise line site.

The Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab are open each evening from 5:30 - 6:30 pm (except for embarkation evening) for the entire family to enjoy the space together.

Parents or guardians may accompany their child to the Oceaneer Club and Lab programs and activities at any time throughout the cruise.

go to www.disneycruise.com then click on fun onboard, then kids (either one) and you will see a link for participation guidelines. In there is all the rules about the ages and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter