Can I use TS credits at a CS restaurant?

MamaOfTwoPrincesses

MNSSHP October 2008
Hello-
My husband and I are just finalizing our plans for our trip in a few weeks. It looks like we'll have extra TS credits. I was wondering if they can be redeemed at CS restaurants so they don't go unused. Thanks!

I don't know the answer to your question. But my question is why aren't you using a TS - if its because of little kids, why not do a Crystal Place w/ Pooh and Friends, it a buffet and you can get in and out pretty quickly. ANd they have GREAT food too.

I don't know the answer to your question. But my question is why aren't you using a TS - if its because of little kids, why not do a Crystal Place w/ Pooh and Friends, it a buffet and you can get in and out pretty quickly. ANd they have GREAT food too.

Yes, it is mainly because of the little ones, who won't tolerate too many long sit down meals. We already have about 6 character meals planned (including Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's), but still have some TS credits left. We don't want to be tied down to a reservation at a TS restaurant and would prefer to be able to dine at a CS at the last minute.

LOL. You sound just like our family.

How about attending the Hoop Dee Doo show - its very entertaining and its 2 TS credits.

I have the opposite problem, can I trade you some of my CS for your TS? LOL! I would call Disney, but I thought someone posted once that they were able to get the concierge at their resort to convert CS credits to snack credits, so maybe they could convert some of you TS credits to CS? They might even give you a CS & a snack credit. Good luck with your little ones. Hope you have a great trip!

From the 2007 Disney Dining Plan FAQ:

Can I use TS credits for CS meals?
Technically, no. During the last free dining promotion, Disney did extend an offer to use TS credits for CS meals (plus two snacks and a cheap lanyard), but that offer has expired. Prior to that offer, some (but not all) hotel front desks allowed some (but not all) guests to convert some of their remaining TS credits in the CS credits, with the understanding that once converted they cannot be converted back. However, that is not an official part of the Dining Plan, and so you may or may not be successful in getting them to do that for you.

Can I use two (or three) CS credits for a TS meal?
No. There is no way to combine CS credits to "pay for" a TS meal.​

The FAQ can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1305783

I just called Disney directly and was told that it would be fine to transfer the TS credits for CS credits. I hope that person was correct!

A good rule of thumb is "get it in writing". The folks on the telephone are well-meaning folks, but are often caught in the position of telling people what they want to hear, providing inconsistent or incomplete information, just due to the limitations of the medium they're working within (i.e., voice).

The resort food courts have generally been willing to allow guests to use a TS credit for a CS (one to one) and to let guests get a few snacks for a CS credit.

I wouldn't count on getting such an exception at other locations.

I was told last week at POFQ when I called guest services and asked the same question; that you can exchange TS for CS but it was with the understanding that it was a one for one exchange and a poor way to use your TS credits. I understand where you're coming from with left over TS, we had them too and scrambled to find a way to use them also.

Hope this helps,
Laura:)

I hope to do this too, as my children will have extra TS credits and we will not as we are going to dine at Narcoossee's without them. :yay: So, I hope the day before we check out of the WL, we can trade 2 TS credits for CS for the kidlets.

This might be a dumb thought but can you get a meal "to go" .. I know at Trails End in Fort Wilderness you can get it to go.. perhaps you can do that and if you are staying in a place with a fridge and microwave or stove you can heat it later say on a non-park day... just a thought I got.. not sure if credits can be used to go or if that is not possible.

I'm not sure which place you can and cannot do this. What I do know is that, generally, most of the theme park TS restaurants are not able to provide to-go service.

We we just there 2 weeks ago and ended up doing this, since our daughter was sick one night at the end of the trip and we had to cancel a TS meal. We didn't have time to reschedule another TS. It was a 1 to 1 switch. We used up the TS's at Pop food court, just so that they wouldn't go to waste.

Yes, it is mainly because of the little ones, who won't tolerate too many long sit down meals. We already have about 6 character meals planned (including Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's), but still have some TS credits left. We don't want to be tied down to a reservation at a TS restaurant and would prefer to be able to dine at a CS at the last minute.

While I totally understand your desire to be able to be a little "freer" with your dining (and hope they'll let you make the conversion), I'd still recommend making reservations for all your TS credits. You can always cancel at the last minute (we did--3 out of 12 on a 10 day trip), but you usually can't get a reservation at the last minute. That's why we try to book more than we think we'll use--so we have a little wiggle room to cancel if someone gets sick, or is too tired, or we just found something else we'd like to do. (We're don't book 2 restaurants for the same meal, but we will book a lunch and a dinner on a few days, knowing we probably won't do both. And we always call to cancel.)

There are a lot of non-character, kid-oriented restaurants that adults can enjoy, too. Whispering Canyon Cafe and Ohana have games that the kids can participate in (horse races, coconut races and hula lessons), WCC and 50's Prime Time Cafe have servers with "personality" that can be very entertaining, Sci-Fi Dine-In has cars that you sit in and clips of old sci-fi movies on the big screen, Coral Reef has the aquarium along one wall, Biergarten and Marrakesh have a band and a belly dancer, etc.

Just my $.02.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter